cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Hi Ricoh. It's likely that an unlock signal was sent out to the phone but was missed, which is why we show the phone as unlocked, but you are still seeing it locked. When we process unlock requests, the phone has to have the Sprint SIM inside the phone, powered on, and be connected to WiFi so that it can receive the unlock signal. As long as each of those 3 conditions are met, along with the criteria from the link below, we can send out a new unlock request. Let us know if everything looks good and we can get a PM out to you to help wrap up the process. 

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I already told my sister in law to connect the phone to wifi. FYI, the phone is in the philippines

Does it still have a Sprint SIM inside/does she have access to a Sprint SIM to put in the phone? Without that inside the phone, it cannot connect with the network to accept the unlock signal. 

Journeyman

Yes, the original sprint sim for that phone is inside the phone. 

Excellent Ricoh73. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Hi there! I have the same issue with the same phone. No balance on the phone. Sprint said it's unlocked but phone said 'only accepting sprint sim". Cannot update PRL or profile. HELP please!

Journeyman

We are also having unlock troubles with Galaxy J7 Refine. Can you help?

Hi jscott606, we'd be glad to help! There's a few criteria that are required for us to be able to unlock the phone which are outlined in the link below. In particular, one issue we see a lot with processing unlocks is if the Sprint SIM is not still in the phone at the time we send out an unlock code, it will not be able to get through to complete the unlock process.

If you think everything is good to go for an unlock, I'll go ahead and send you a PM to get some additional info so we can check in on things for you. Keep an eye out for a private message from me shortly!

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat