cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock error

Highlighted
Journeyman

UICC Unlock error

I've payed off my S8+ and have been told by Sprint it's showing unlocked on their end but I still get invalid sim when I insert T Mobile SIM. Also getting UICC unlock internal error 407.

71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted

Is sprint

Highlighted

Imei *****

Highlighted

tends to help if you add just a tad bit of info on what you have going on and what all has been attempted so far to try and fix it...mainly so the agent that pops in to assist doesnt run you through the same gauntlet of troubleshooting.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

You need to go to the store and have them update the IMEI and maybe a new sim card onto your account under the phone number you are using. This usually happens when you pop a sim out and put into a different phone without updating Sprint. 

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem.  My device is a LG V20

Highlighted

Hey! Can you send me a private message with the UICC number please? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've also been having this problem with my note 10+. I'm being told that its unlocked by sprint but when I try to use my Verizon sim my phone tells me to contact sprint to unlock. 

Highlighted

Please know that Sprint devices aren't guaranteed to work on another carriers network. I'm going to send you a private message for more information. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. I've got a Galaxy S8+ that was on Sprint's network for a year, and has been deactivated for a year. I wanted to unlock it, so two days ago I called Sprint support, while the phone was connected to wifi, with the Sprint SIM card installed. They (very helpfully) worked through it with me and sent an unlock code. Unfortunately, I still receive the "update could not be completed Internal Error 407" message whenever I try to update PRL, Profile, or UICC. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hey! Lookout for a private message. I may need some sensitive info that cannot be asked for publicly. 

Highlighted

What's your device IMEI number? Simply Tap Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also get the same error message on my paid off S20 Ultra. I can PM the IMEI. After reset phone is stuck on Registering device, then the UICC unlock error.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat