cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC unlock galaxay s8

Journeyman

UICC unlock galaxay s8

I left sprint almost 2 years ago. I bought my galaxy s8 when we left sprint. I want to give it to my daughter but the phone say the UICC is still locked to sprint only. I have called sprint costumer service a few times but they just tell me the phone is unlocked. We had 1 rep tell us he would look into it but never got back to us. The FAQ site said to post in here for help.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: UICC unlock galaxay s8

I'm happy to help. Typically, when we hear that you're told the phone is unlocked but the phone is saying it's still locked, we determine that the signal was sent but the phone didn't receive it. Do you still have a Sprint SIM for the phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes, I still have the SIM. That may be the case because I powered down the phone after I switched carriers. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

To ensure a successful unlock, the Sprint SIM needs to be in the phone, it needs to be powered on, and connected to WiFi. Once it's set up, please send me a private message with your Sprint phone number, PIN or security answer, and the IMEI from the phone. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat