cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC unlock

Journeyman

UICC unlock

My phone is galaxy J3 emerge and many times sprints customer service says that the phone is unlocked but the sim from another carrier is “invalid” and when I checked the UICC, it says that “it is locked to sprint sims only” . Please help, I am frustrated 

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: UICC unlock

Hey @SosoH. I'd be happy to help you out. Send me a pm with your imei number, and we can get started.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Same issue here. My J3 was on Virgin Mobile (Sprint), they unlocked it, went to another carrier (T-Mobile) and all was well for three months until Android update. Began getting error messages every time I turned on the phone, shut them down, but could still make calls. Reached out to the two carriers with no luck, contacted Samsung who basically did a factory reset and NOW I have no service at all (invalid SIM card, etc.)

Last person at Sprint said to talk to VM again, I did and they told me what Sprint said: The phone is unlocked. Then why does my phone say it's locked to Sprint and my T-Mobile SIM not work?

Please help!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

On a Sprint phone, if the system says that the phone is unlocked but the phone says it's not; then we assume the phone didn't receive the unlock signal. Even though Virgin is run on the Sprint network, we each have our own technical support and customer service teams. I'm sorry that I'm unable to assist with this phone, you'll need to work with Virgin. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Virgin yelled at me and told me that unlocking a phone always comes with the risk that it may not work and to talk to Sprint. Everyone I've reached out to has pointed their fingers at each other, so I guess I'm SOL. But thanks for your reply.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I understand your frustration with this situation. I would like to ask if you have visited Virgin's community? It's a website set up just like this one. You can find it at https://community.virginmobileusa.com/

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat