cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

@ini4ucom @Raticle111 @Sprint_Stefan @Eliza-Stoughton @fireguy_6364 

Don't hold your breath regarding a new update anytime soon.  When this first happened over two months ago, I called Sprint Help and was walked through a couple of "Fixes" none of which worked.  Some fixes cleared out all my connected devices and I had the distinct pleasure of reconnecting all my BT devices.  I was told then a "fix" would be coming......I am still waiting!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@SprintUser_Bob I've gone through online chat to try and get help. After resetting my sim card and network data multiple times the only solution they came up with was to turn on wifi calling. It works for now, but I'd appreciate a solution where my phone is working properly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having this problem with a Google Pixel 3a and have spoken to support about it . . . they have offered no solutions. Defeintely started with the upgrade to 10 -- MMS worked fine on wifi before that.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  I am in an area that does not have Sprint service therefore my only option is to use Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling this used to work this is my 4th Galaxy phone it's always worked in the past it must be fixed immediately as it is impacting my ability to work.   This did not happen before the Wi-Fi calling plus upgrade you guys have had over 2 months to get it fixed that is enough time. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I said the wifi calling was working for me, but it isnt completely. I can send mms messages, but still have to on data to receive messages from group chats or any mms messages. 

Its irritating. You'd think that sprint would be working harder to fix this, especially after joining networks with tmobile, and having some people pay over $50 a line. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi calling works fine the MMS texting issue is a major problem for me. It flat out doesn't work. I've tried every setting, reset reprovision there is and nada. Either fix it or downgrade me back to calling plus until you do

Highlighted
GrandMaster

oh im not..im still leaning towards this being a Samsung fix deal since im running 10 on my LG G8 and have zero issues even while in an area where i have no mobile signal or barely a bar however connected to wifi and WFC.

@SprintUser_Bob wrote:

@ini4ucom @Raticle111 @Sprint_Stefan @Eliza-Stoughton @fireguy_6364 

Don't hold your breath regarding a new update anytime soon.  When this first happened over two months ago, I called Sprint Help and was walked through a couple of "Fixes" none of which worked.  Some fixes cleared out all my connected devices and I had the distinct pleasure of reconnecting all my BT devices.  I was told then a "fix" would be coming......I am still waiting!!!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 can I ask what messaging app you are using?  I have the native Samsung messaging app and the Android messaging app. Both support WFC and Chat features, but having issues with both. WhatsApp works fine but both parties must be using the app at the same time in order to communicate. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

LG doesnt run their own so it auto came with Google Messages...if im thinking right it isnt so much a problem with the stock texting app yall are using but more of what the phone is requesting must be in place for it to work.. basically if im thinking right they made some odd change up where you MUST have a mobile data connection in order for it to work...if i can remember tonight i'll switch my phone into airplane mode so i have zero mobile connection and then i'll send myself a pic and see how long it takes to come through..i live on the outskirts of the closest towers range so the majority of my house is no mans land signal wise and im in numerous group chats which auto send/receive as MMS..

while the site was down i checked out TMOs site and found posts about the same thing over there.. poster works basically in his basement office and after a update lost the ability to send/receive MMS/group texts unless he's back up where he gets signal even though he's connected to wifi/WFC

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It flat out does not work without mobile data. After over an hour on with Sprint support they admitted as much told me to use what's app. as a workaround which I find an unacceptable solution. They said it had something to do with the T mobile integration, no idea if that is accurate. I am in an area at the moment with 0 Sprint service and am completely SOL until this gets fixed. It only affects MMS, regular text no issue, wifi calling no issue. A similar thing happens on my wife's iphone 11 as well which leads me to believe it is a sprint specific issue. She can imessage anyone, text anyone directly and wifi call anyone, but as soon as she adds me to a group text forcing the phone to use MMS it generates an error and fails to send ("unable to send"). Sprint if you are listening, we are in month 3 of this issue, PLEASE FIX IT. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

• @fireguy_6364   I also have Google messages (I thought it was Android) and having the same issue with that app. So as you suspect, it must be something with the way Samsung is handling WiFi calling in regards to the messaging apps. So without a cellular signal we are up **bleep**s Creek without a paddle. 
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i doubt the integration has anything to do with it because for the moment the only changes are roaming onto their towers...aside from that nothing has really changed so far and more than likely wont for at least a year or more.

@ts4673 wrote:

It flat out does not work without mobile data. After over an hour on with Sprint support they admitted as much told me to use what's app. as a workaround which I find an unacceptable solution. They said it had something to do with the T mobile integration, no idea if that is accurate. I am in an area at the moment with 0 Sprint service and am completely SOL until this gets fixed. It only affects MMS, regular text no issue, wifi calling no issue. A similar thing happens on my wife's iphone 11 as well which leads me to believe it is a sprint specific issue. She can imessage anyone, text anyone directly and wifi call anyone, but as soon as she adds me to a group text forcing the phone to use MMS it generates an error and fails to send ("unable to send"). Sprint if you are listening, we are in month 3 of this issue, PLEASE FIX IT. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat