cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

So here's the latest bug I am experiencing after my SG9 was upgraded to Android 10 OS. 

With this new OS, Calling Plus/WiFi calling was replaced by WiFi calling and voLTE.  All seemed to go smoothly with the upgrade until I noticed I am unable to send or receive MMS when connected to WiFi calling.  I get a "Data tethering connection" error notice.  I am using the native Samsung messaging app and I am able to send and receive all types of messages, SMS and MMS when I am using the 'Chat Messaging" feature,  However, when it defaults to regular messaging, I can send and receive just regular SMS texts and not MMS texts.  This only happens when I am connected to the WiFi calling feature and have NO mobile service.  It is only when I have a cellular signal my MMS messages go through.

I have gone thru all my settings and I have yet to come up with a solution.  Is there any knowledgeable super user that can help me?  My work area is such that it gets no cellular signal at all and I can only send or receive messages via WiFi.  Remember, this only started AFTER the upgrade to Android 10 and worked just fine with 9. 

171 REPLIES 171
Highlighted

Service still sucks and is not what at used to be. Working on recovering from knee surgery, but as soon as I'm able, within the next couple weeks, bye bye Sprint!!!

Highlighted

Same here, Joe. My family has all noticed how bad the service has gotten also. On bright sunny clear days, texts won't even go through. I have to restart my phone just to finally get a text to go through even after the first 5 before in the same conversation had gone through fine. Then all of a sudden they don't. Happens every single day. So irritating. Especially when my son wants to text me when he's down the street to tell me what time he'll be home and I don't even receive his message and vice versa. This update has done a number on our phones because this rarely happened before. It messed them up big time.

Highlighted

Hey, we're sorry you're getting service issues. How long has this been happening?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon phones were delivered on Monday. Now all I have to do is return my Sprint phones and I am done with them.

It really is unfortunate I had to switch back to Verizon to get a usable phone, but I am much happier now!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat