cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unable to Send or Receive MMS over WiFi after Android 10 update.

Found this post because I just started having this issue in the last couple weeks.  I thought I was crazy, but they did push out an update, because I now have the VoLTE icon on the top bar.

But I can't download MMS messages while WIFI is turned on.  I can download them when I turn WIFI off and hop onto LTE.  But then I have to go back and manually click on all the un-downloaded MMS messages for them to re-download.  What's up with this update, Sprint??

Never had this issue before until the most recent VoLTE update.  Please FIX!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@racer20862086 welcome to my world. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@j2011c ***update***  Just as we surmised, your fix did not work in my case.  I need to have some sense of a cellular signal in order for my native Samsung messaging app to send an MMS.  I rechecked all my settings and confirmed I have WiFi calling engaged. Again, i never had this problem before the upgrade. For some unexplained  reason, Samsung messaging will not utilize WiFi calling when sending out MMS texts. It has no problem sending SMS because it will send it over WiFI, just a problem with MMS.  However, if I am texting with another Sprint user and we have the Chat messaging feature turned on, it will send MMS texts. If you are not familiar  with the chat messaging feature, it is just like iMessage where you are able to see if your text was delivered and read and can see when the person is replying to you. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. I was able to turn off the VoLTE, but it didn't help...

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! Do you have the S9 and unable to send MMS messages using WiFi, after you've updated your software as well? I'd like you to verify if your MMS server URL is http://mms.sprintpcs.com . From the keypad, enter ##DATA## and select MMSC or View. Have you tried any troubleshooting as well? I'd like to look into it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Ayana
I am having the exact same issue and can verify that my MMS server url is that which you listed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having exact same issue!
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Juan

When will we have an update? I've now used all my data sheerly because I have to have it on to text - this is ridiculous. It's enough to make me go look at AT&T...

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Ayana hi. I'm the original author of this post. This issue has been going on for months now. I'm a front line worker in a hospital and I depend on group texting which as you know gets converted to MMS. I NEVER had this issue before the update as the texts would go over WiFi using WiFi calling. Now I have to doff all my PPE, scrub and get to an area of the hospital where I can get a cellular signal just so I can read a group text. 

I would appreciate you solving this issue. BTW, I checked my MMS URL and it is the one you listed. 

Screenshot_20200520-215029_IOTHiddenMenu.jpg

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi @ SprintUser_Bob, I've dealt with a customer recently with a similar issue & we've determined that the reason for it is because MMS can only be sent while you're on the cellular network & not over Wi-Fi. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_FeliciaS obviously you haven't read all my previous posts. Before the upgrade, when using the native Samsung messaging app, any MMS texts would be sent as long as WiFi calling was enabled. You didn't need a cellular signal as the app would automatically use WiFi to send MMS texts. Now it doesn't do that even with WiFi calling enabled. However, and this is what I don't understand, using the same native Samsung messaging app, it has no problem sending texts both SMS and MMS with NO CELLULAR signal utilizing the CHAT MESSAGING feature. This feature sends it's texts in real time mode and uses the WiFi signal through WiFi calling. 

So why would the app be able to send an MMS text via one aspect of its features and not via others?  It doesn't make any sense. 

I am SO upset with SPRINT for not fixing this problem and will most likely be taking my business elsewhere. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I both have the same phone, Note 8. Since last update, the exact same issu . Sprint technical support told me I was crazy,  saying I could never send/receive MMS over wifi. I tried to explain and was told it was an issue with the app, not a Sprint proble . My guess is the Sprint/T-Mobile merger changed something and Sprint is lying about the issue 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat