cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Google Voicemail Working on Note 10+

Go to solution
Journeyman

Unable to get Google Voicemail Working on Note 10+

Usually can do *73XXX-XXX-XXXX  when I do this on my new Note 10, it says the feature has been applied.  But testing a call to my phone # brings up Sprints regular voicemail.  Any ideas?  Worked fine on my Note as recent as yesterday.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unable to get Google Voicemail Working on Note 10+

Ok update. So it looks like its working if the phone rings and then goes to VM, but if I swap the decline call option then it goes to Sprint VM.   So how do I get the 2nd part working.

Hi howardpm411! Do you have Sprint Visual Voicemail or just regular Sprint Voicemail? 

Journeyman

Just regular Sprint VM.   But I haven't used it in probably 8+ years.  I always have set my phone to forwarded unanswered calls to Google Voicemail.

There might be a setting that might have to be changed with this new S10 or it might just not do it. I am looking into it now.

Journeyman

Hello, any update?  Someone on another board said I needed to do *74XXX-XXX-XXXX too but I've never had to do that.  my phone went to VM immediately without me doing anything.  But on the phone it kept ringing

Did you try the *74XXX-XXX-XXXX ? If so, what happened?

Journeyman

ya, its really weird.  I can't cancel any incoming call at all if I try the *74 option.  When I swipe the ignore button on the phone, it just comes right back, this will happen until google voicemail picks up (about 5 rings).

What phone did you have before the Note 10? Did you have VoLTE enabled on the previous phone?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Had the Unlocked Note 9.  I tried turning VoLTE off but same issue.  Its so weird it would work without answering but wouldn't when you decline the call.  What is the phone doing differently to tell Sprint to ignore the call?

VoLTE wasn't available on the Note 9. From my knowledge Google Voice was decommissioned due to the intergration of VoLTE. I apologize that I'm not sure how to make this work properly on this phone. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I turned VoLTE off and it still has issues.  Google Voice VM was not decommissioned.  You all discontinued the integration where you could link the number and use your Google Voice # to call /receive calls.   This has nothing to do with Call Forwarding a call to the Voicemail System.   Who can you direct me to at a non-tier 1 technical support who can look into this?

Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat