cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Google Voicemail Working on Note 10+

Go to solution

Re: Unable to get Google Voicemail Working on Note 10+

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone available at this time, through Community. You may be able to get a higher level through the Tech Support Department. Since the Note 9 didn't have the VoLTE capability, and VoLTE service wasn't as wide spread at the time the Note 9 came out, I'm concerned that the Note 10 isn't going to allow it to work due to the VoLTE capability, even though it's disabled. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I see what you are saying but if that was the case I would assume it wouldn't work at all (like when you turn on Wi-FI calling)  but the fact it works if you don't answer the call and only doesn't work when you decline a call seem odd.

I agree. I wish I had more knowledge on the Google Voice service to be helpful.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Re: Unable to get Google VoiScemail Working on Note 10+

So someone on another board said the following:

"This behavior is actually expected. The "decline" button is generally configured/controlled by the mobile carrier (via either the SIM or via OTA (Over The Air) provisioning, to send the call to the carrier's voicemail server. In theory, that number can be changed by you, the user, but not on a Sprint phone."

Can you confirm if Sprint can do this?

I don't believe Sprint does. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So we determined forwarding to VM does not work with VoLTE turned on (just like when WIFI calling turned on).   Even the rep I was working with said VoLTE wouldn't cause an issue but sure enough as soon as we turned it off everything worked including declining the call.   SO FYI, either VoLTE or Google Voice to Voicemail.  Ugh

Journeyman

So not sure what has changed in the last few weeks but VoLTE now works with Google Voice as your Voicemail.

@howardpm411, that's good to hear. Thanks for letting us know about this update. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Ok spoke to soon.  Seems if I ever reboot my phone I lose the call forwarding.  I have to redo the *73XXXXXXXXXX and *74XXXXXXXXXX

Wizard

That sounds about right howardpm411. A reboot wipes some settings, and can turn some features off. Updates can do the same at times. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

This has never worked that way.   The * Forwarding codes are saved on Sprint server side not locally on my phone.   been using the forwarding codes for 10+ years.

Wizard

I hear ya. I'm just saying that rebooting or updating a phone could cause some features to turn off. It's not typical but can happen. For example I completed an update on my LG and the Camera was turned off, and the setting for my Pandora changed.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat