cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7

Journeyman

Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7

Hello.

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 that is fully paid off. I cancelled my sprint account and I want to use my s7 with another carrier, national and international. I called sprint customer support to get my phone unlocked. After the first call they told me it was now unlocked, but in the phone it still showed that it was locked to sprint. The next couple times I called sprint they told me that my phone showed that it was unlocked for International and domestic service but I am still not able to insert a new SIM card get service. Are there any other steps I need to take?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Bryan Boyer

Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7

You can take a look into this link, and see if you can perform some of the steps to get it working. SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks Let us know if it doesn't work. 

Journeyman

I'm having the same exact issue with sprint right now... please help! 

Have you checked out the link above to see if you are following the steps?

Journeyman

Hello,

I followed everything from that link but it never updates the PRL, Profile, or UICC Unlock. All it does is try 5 attempts then nothing happens, it still shows invalid SIM card. 

Regards,

Bryan Boyer

Send me a PM. I can take a look into this. 

Journeyman

I too have tried those steps multiple  times as well

@Katey88_Sprint wrote:

Send me a PM. I can take a look into this. 

Hi Sallen. It looks like you have dropped us a PM as well and we'll be reaching out to you shortly. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hello,

I waited the 48 hours but the phone is still locked. What do I need to do next?

Regards,

Bryan Boyer

Wizard

Howdy bryanriik. I see that this has been a long and frustrating experience, and for that I'm truly sorry. I ran the IMEI # and it's showing as unlocked in our system. There was a case create in Oct. of 2017 that unlocked this phone, but for some reason the phone never received the unlock signal. My colleague created another case/ticket on 04/21/2019 and that was rejected. The reason for the rejection was that they were unable to verify the account.  

We're going to try this one more time. I'm going to create a new case, and I would like for you to complete the following steps: 

While waiting for your ticket to be worked please ensure:

• The phone is powered on at all times.  As this may take a few days, you may want to plug the phone into the wall until the unlock is complete
  • The Sprint SIM is inside the device. If you have an Apple, Sprint may still be able to process an unlock request without the Sprint SIM attached. Unfortunately, without a Sprint SIM, we cannot unlock an Android device
  • The device is attached to WiFi service. Unlocking is a signal like an update. Your phone must have access to the internet to receive that signal.

Your new case number is 239316219. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Just wanted to give a big thanks to you! Took maybe 36 hours but my s7 did get unlocked! I was then able to flash it and it's up and running perfectly with t mobile! Thanks again! 

Journeyman

That's great! Glad you are up and running. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat