cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 IMEI not compatible with Verizon???

Journeyman

Unlocked Note 8 IMEI not compatible with Verizon???

So I am looking to move my family from Sprint to Verizon. All of my phones are paid in full. I went to the Verizon website and did the BYOD IMEI checker and all the phones in my family come back with "Awesome, you XXXX phone is a perfect match for our network" those 3 phones happen to be an iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S9. But when I check the IMEI of my Note 8, I get a "the phone associated with the device ID you entered is not compatible with Verizon Wireless network"

Has anyone else ran into this and is there a way around it? I am certain when I purchased my Note8 I bought an unlocked version. The Verzion guy I talked with in the store said it isn't an issue with it being locked or not, it is that the hardware of the phone is not compatible. He also ran my IMEI on his system and showed me the big red X on his screen confirming it is not compatible. **bleep**??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unlocked Note 8 IMEI not compatible with Verizon???

Hey Paleale74, Was that Note 8 purchased from Sprint or Samsung?

Technically, I was a Best Buy as they have associates that work with sprint and verizon. I purchased the phone in the store and had the Best Buy associate put the sim card in and activate my service.  

I am hearing a possible explanation to the problem is that the IMEI is not loaded in the Verizon databases yet so it basically does not recognize mine and by default is just saying it would not be compatible.  I am going to back to a Verizon store and see if there is a test SIM they can put in the phone and see if the phone works doing that.  That should help nail down if the phone itself is not compatible with the Verizon network.

Yeah, I would go in to Verizon and have them research it.  To my knowledge, that version of that phone should be compatible with all carriers in the US. 

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat