cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

@Rose4uky @howie411

How are you exiting out of the Shortcut Master app? Do you tap the back arrow "<–" after tapping "Set N/W PS voice support" to toggle it on?

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpaswrote:

Hi Rose4uky,

No problem, I just wish that the modification trick would work for you.  Anyway, I've read that Sprint plans to roll out VoLTE later this year. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/sprint-expects-to-deploy-volte-fall

I'm just like you, I hardly use the S-Pen. 

Speaking of the S9 plus, is the AR feature that you're referring to called Augmented Reality?  I was just on You Tube and there's an AR app for Note 8.  It's called HOLO AR. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvr9msqLDXI  If that is what you're referring to, you can save yourself some $$$.  However, if you think you'll be happier with the S9's better camera and the new location of the fingerprint sensor, then I would tell you to go for it - get the S9 plus.  Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you'll be sticking with unlocked phones. 

Actually, I've been thinking about holding off on getting another phone until the 5G phones start coming out.  Oh, my, help me, I must be strong and not get the S9 plus!  I'll just have to keep telling myself, "You don't need the S9 plus, you have the Note 8 and that's all you need!"

[ Yes it's Augmented Reality you take the front camera and it makes a cartoon character of yourself and it's animated and you send it through text and their is different faces you can add smiling or crying I'm not sure I saw it on TV commercial. But I'll check out the you tube video you sent thanks. But yes we should wait for 5G also but yes I am sticking to unlocked in case we we're to switch from Sprint but so far I haven't had problems with the Note not sure if it has to do with the HPUE or what I don't know. And I don't need the 9 plus but  yes the camera finger sensor AR and pretty purple color make me want it but it probably won't happen. The Holo app didn't get many good reviews but I was watching the video and than it took me too another video AR Emoji for the 9 can you get it on the 8 I'm gonna watch it next. It's more of what I want. Kind of like Bitmoji app but animated.

Samsung said if I order by the 7th I can get it shipped on the 14th and have it by the end of next week which I am on vacation all week and someone on craigslist wrote me that theyare interested but sounds fishy by the name. BB had a 100 off Friday only wonder if that applied to buying outright an unlocked one. I'm guessing their is no difference in getting unlocked from Samsung or Best Buy? Anyway thanks back to phone problems. LOL!

Journeyman

Ok so check this out just got my Note like you said. My work insurance had a thing where you did these webinars and could get up to $450 in gift cards and I chose Best Buy so my husband let me do it. Didn't cost me anything cause this kiosk at the mall gave me $450 for my Note. Best Buy told me about it Wiki Woo. I could of gotten a little more 500 off of craigs list but didn't want to meet a stranger and I made $900 bucks so I didn't pay anything. Now I am a happy camper and own an unlocked S9plus in Lilac. Plus Best Buy let me pick out a free case since they don't carry this smart home kit which was supposed to be free with phone. So I am getting this Tech21 case hope it's good they were out and they are sending it to me. I love the S9 plus.  I actually came out $10 bucks ahead and my Zagg invisishield was $20 but I'm happy. 

But if it didn't work on my Note to let me talk and surf at the same time I'm guessing I shouldn't try it on my S9 Plus the masterlite app and whatever it was I tried on the Note. It may be a Sprint thing. I just hope battery last as long or better than the Note but I love this phone. Got it Sunday and just finished logging in and setting up all my apps yesterday.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the current ability to talk and surf is through what is called Calling Plus. but if im thinking correctly that is a built in app for devices purchased through Sprint only.  carrier specific ability/app.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Oh really hmm. I don't have to have it but it's nice sometimes. I know one of my older HTC's had it cause it was a world phone and had this sim I believe. I know my 9 plus has wifi calling just like my unlocked Note did but the talk and surd didn't work when I tried that master lite app whatever it was it said to do. But it's ok I'll leave here I no longer have the Note 8 and I am using you mail again i like it.
Journeyman

Hey Rose4uky, don't you miss the Note 8 at least a little?  LOL.  Oh well, as long as you're happy with your S9 plus, that's all that matters.  I'm glad you went with the unlocked version.  

My Note 8 updated to Oreo 8.0.0 about 9 days ago, and I'm still able to talk and surf at the same time all thanks to that "Shortcut Master (Lite)" app.  I'm even surprised it's working for me considering that I'm on Sprint's "1 Year Free" promotion plan so I don't know why simultaneous talk and data is working for me and not for others.  However, that the Shortcut Master (Lite) app trick does not work on my S7 edge.  Oh well, I can't complain, at least it works on my Note 8. 

Enjoy your new S9 plus!

Journeyman

Well this is weird but I got an email newsletter from I think Android & Me a long time ago and it said Sprints S8 S8+ and Note were to have something called HPUE High Performance User Equipment making the phones have better signal. Are you familiar with that I even called Sprint and they didn't know about it and I wanted to make sure the unlocked Note 8 had it. Oh and even the girl at Best Buy said oh wow your on a great plan. I'm grandfathered in 3 lines 1500 minute family plan unlimited everything no slow speeds after so many gigs but my friend will leave my account soon. I get 22% off discount from work but I think Verizon has much better signal here even though it will be high for just me and my hubby buy we own are phones which is good. Unlocked is the way to go I think.

Well certain spots where I just moved were better when not on Wifi than the 7 Edge and Note for me did have better signal. I haven't had the 9 Plus long enough to test. But I loved the Note and the battery life over my 7 edge. Never had to charge my Note at work like I did on the 7 edge and after Oreo I would leave work with 40-50%. The 9 plus I've left with 20 and 30 something the past couple days but I haven't tweaked all my settings yet.

But anyway I never used the pen Note was too tall and I didn't like where the FP sensor was but it was a great fast phone.

So anyway sorry this got off topic but if the master lite didn't work on my Note should I not try it on my 9 plus. Best Buy sent me a free tech 21 case I love it came yesterday pretty orchid matches my lilac phone. :-)

Journeyman

@Rose4uky

It wouldn't hurt anything to try the Shortcut Master Lite app on the S9 Plus.  All I can say is that the simultaneous talk and data is still working for me on my unlocked Note 8.  

Have you heard about T-Mobile and Sprint merging?  What should the merged name be, Sprint-Mobile? LOL

Journeyman

I guess I could try it but it didn't work on my Note so it probably wouldn't work on my 9 Plus but I heard it will be about a year before the merge and that it will be T-Mobile. Not sure if my signal will improve and they keep talking about 5G but we we're thinking of leaving Sprint and that is why we got Note 8 unlocked to begin with. I never had unlocked before and now my 9 Plus is unlocked but I am on such an old great plan and get 22% off of plan through work discount that I am hesitant to leave. I am mostly on wifi anyway but my girlfriend is on my account and pays me every month and when she's ready to leave I'll have to change at some point. She was wanting to leave and go to T-Mobile with her son and his dad but I told her she would need a new phone and end up paying more cause she pays me 55 for unlimited everything.

Journeyman

This is so weird.  I've just uninstalled the Shortcut Master (Lite) app, and I still have simultaneous talk and text on LTE. I wonder if it had anything to do with the keypad code ##BRAND#? 

I have signed on for T-Mobile with their unlimited 50GB of 4G LTE data. Let's see what happens if T-Mobile and Sprint merge.  

Now, Sprint has this Kickstart plan $15/month for unlimited everything.  It's for new customers of course.  I'm nearing the end of the 1 Year Free promotion. 

Journeyman

Is anybody going to trade their Note 8 for a Note 9?  I'm going to wait for Note 10 or Note X.  I'd like to have a Note that has 5G with a fingerprint scanner built in the screen. 

Journeyman

Funny .. i was just thinking abt this a couple days ago.  Here is my thoughts.  My note 8 was awesome and the price that i got it at with the package deal makes it even better. However,  i dont think thats the case with note 9. 

The package deal: I already have a set of beats headphone and i dont really play fortnite. So the only purpose to get the headphone is to sell it but i have never heard of ark and given the fact that give away usually would take a good amount of price hit.  For example,  the 360 camera from last year was retail around 3xx but everyone was selling it at 100. On the other hand,  i dont know enough abt fortnite for those coins.  Maybe those will sell at a better price.  Anyhow i am not sure the package promo deal was that great.  I wished they put somethink new at least we get to try things out.  

The colors:  i was poking around and i noticed that there r only pink or blue and NO BLACK for sale in the US. I guess they will wait like later like last year with the note 8 to put out more colors.  

The trade in deal:  i def think that i can do way better than 400 to sell my note 8 myself rather than a trade in. Also I was expecting the trade to be at least 450 since thats what the promo say before they put out the list. But here to find out onle the s9 series trade in is 450. Thats just lame given that note 8 users r more likely to upgrade than s9 user.

The specs.... beside the battery,  the oan and the storage,.  I am not sure there is anythig special than s9. The chip thats gonna be in the note 9 has been out for a while.  So samsung must have gotten a great discount on it so i am pretty sure they want to increase the profit margin for this phone to test the water. 

Conclusion.  I think i am going to wait a bit before i decide to pull the trigger.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat