cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

@AirWick219

Ok, I broke down.  I’ve finally decided to get a Note 9 after all. If it weren't for that email from Samsung.com offering me a $500 trade in for my Note 8, I would not have even bothered getting a Note 9.

I pre-ordered the unlocked by Samsung 128GB Ocean Blue Note 9.  I really have my eye on the Metallic Copper, but they're not being sold here in the U.S.  

As for the gift, I chose the headphones.  I’m just not interested in Fortnite. 

I hope Samsung honors that $500 trade in for my Note 8.

Sorry, Sprint, that I didn't pre-order your Note 9; I’m just not into leasing, contracts, 2yr ~ 4yr commitments, ETFs, and etc.
Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas

What email are you referring to ??? And what did it say ?? I would reconsider if the trade in is for $500 for my note 8.  As for sprint note 9, There is no way I am getting a sprint note 9 due to the fact that there are way too many preinstall BS app and also it's missing a lte band for some of the countries that I always goes to 

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.57.36 PM.png

Journeyman

Which LTE band is the Note 9 missing?

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 1.23.33 PM.pngTrade in Note 8 for $500Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 9.50.22 PM.pngThe $500 trade in Note 8 email

GrandMaster

the "pre installed BS apps" you are referring to come on ALL carrier branded devices...for all carriers.

snag up a unlocked device if you want to avoid this..but that also means you wont get things like wifi calling etc..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

What link does that take you too? I'd consider trading in my Note 8 for $500, definitely not for $400 though.

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas: I don't see that 500 trade in link. any idea how to access that ??

Also It's one of the Asia Bands. I think it's B7 but i need to double check. It's happens in all the sprint samsung phone. I don't know why they don't just include all the bands for all the variances.. It sucks to only have 3g and i couldn't even play pokemon go, So after that i would only get unlocked phone directly from samsung.

@fireguy_6364 .. Yea .. i heard some of the wifi calling and all that default app is pretty great. But I rather trade that will NOT seeing all the nas car and all the other ads ...

Journeyman

Journeyman

@howie411

The link is in the email that Samsung emailed to me.  However, it can only be used once.

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas: Maybe they changed it for the note 9. Will have to look into it more BUT I still rather have a phone without any preintstall app from sprint.

I am going to email samsung about the 500 deal 

GrandMaster

i disable the majority of that stuff anywho. personally due to my home location wifi calling has come in handy WAY more than not.

thats just me though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Wifi calling should work on the unlocked Note 9.  It works on the Unlocked Note 8

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364: Yea ... I am really not a fan of spending an amount of money and have to do extra work to disable a bunch of things.  If wifi calling is your only reason and you only have that issue in 1 location, you might have to talk to a sprint rep about airwave that plugs in with your network and boost the signal. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat