cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

@QueenK are u sure thats the correct one ???  Failed again with that model

Journeyman

@AirWick219 wrote:

@nemembêtezpas

Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 12.28.15 AM.png

Ofz doesn't work the first time . Sim car model SIMOLW506TQ

When I activated my Note 9, I ran into that same message.  I did go on chat on the Sprint website. The rep activated the SIM card.  

I apologize for not keeping up with this discussion.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas

Well turn of event. I went to sprint for the 3 time this time with my note 9 and got everything figured out. So here is a interesting find...

So for any unlocked phone (BYOD), Sprint recommend people to get the 3 in 1 sim kit which includes the following sim model.

1. SIMOLW506TQ (Tried in my sprint online, didn't work)

2. SIMOLW416Q ( @QueenK suggested this, tried in my sprint online, didn't work)

3. SIMOLW506C

Well guess what, insurance tech rep (They mentioned they didn't work for sprint inside sprint store) was able to activate my note 9 with sim model SIMOLW406TQ which is the SAME sim for the sprint variance note 9. So it turns out, they have 2 processes to activate a phone, one is with BYOD and another way is the normal sprint way. He was able to activate my phone with the normal sprint way and a sim that compatible with sprint variance of note 9. 

The tech rep was VERY knowledge about this stuff and he got me out of the sprint store long wait misery after a couple hrs wait. Cuz they had to wait for a sprint rep to ring up that 3 in 1 sim kit but they were able to use in house sim card for free. 

So I know next time i would not mention anything about unlocked phone, I will just tell the rsp that the unlocked phone from samsung is a sprint phone and activate it like normal. But I am VERY curious if SIMOLW506C would work, since I never get a chance to try it. What do you think @nemembêtezpas

Journeyman

@AirWick219 wrote:

@nemembêtezpas .  black 512gb finally came out !! 

I finally pulled the triggered and take the trade in deal. But I traded my mom's old iphone 7 plus instead since it seems hard to get ride of that. I just went to sprint store to get that sim card and that was pretty smooth. Thanks again for that number. I am going to get everything transferred tonight. I hope there is no issue with the sim. See pictures for the screen protector and my usual cheap thin case. 

20181102_084304.jpg   20181102_084506.jpg  20181102_084536.jpg

On another note, when I was in sprint waiting for my turn to get a sim card, Someone else talked to the rep about not having good service. The rep responded it's because of sprint is upgrading the tower to 5g and replacing 4g so the service might be effected But once the upgrade is over. everyone should be getting faster speed on their phone. Which I found it weird because none of the current phone currently are able to support 5g. 

Congrats!  Did you get a yellow S Pen?  Yours came with Gear VR?  I still didn't get a screen protector yet, I'm using the factory wrap film that came on the phone as a screen protector.  I'll look into the screen protector you have.  

I've read somewhere that 5G will be working in conjunction with LTE. https://www.sdxcentral.com/5g/definitions/5g-network-lte/

Our current phones won't be obsolete any time soon. 

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas I will probably give it more thoughts on the read but that is very interesting. I got my phone and case before i even get the phone. Just get it before u regret it. And not .. .the phone came with BLACK s pen

Journeyman

@AirWick219

You know what the weirdest thing is.  At first, when the SIMOLW506TQ SIM card in my Note 9 didn't work, I asked the chat rep to check the ICCID numbers on the other SIM card models in the Sprint SIM kit.  The ICCID of the SIMOLW416Q was not compatible.  The ICCID number on SIMOLW506C was the compatible SIM card.  Now, this is where it gets weird.  When the rep activated the ICCID number on SIMOLW506C, my Note 9 suddenly started running the activation process with the SIM card SIMOLW506TQ still in it.  So, figure that one out. 

Journeyman

When did Sprint add CA 41UP and what is it exactly? This is the fist time I'm noticing it 

Screenshot_20181109-215939_IOTHiddenMenu.jpgCarrier Aggregation

Journeyman

Which shortcut master app did you download? They're a couple of them Screenshot_20181123-213034_Google Play Store.jpg

Journeyman

So  the free version was pulled.  Not sure where it went, it also doesn't show up in my previously downloaded apps which is very odd.  But it was basically the first one but free (ad supported).

Journeyman

@LyteBeauty

The one you're looking for is by "vndnguyen" priced at $5.48. 

However, the free version that was pulled can be found here. https://apkpure.com/shortcut-master-lite/org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite

Journeyman

Hello everyone,

I've just updated my unlocked by Samsung® Note 9 to Samsung's One UI with Android 9.0 Pie beta program, and I briefly had VoLTE on my Note 9.  

20181220_100015.jpgSprint VoLTE on unlocked by Samsung® Note 9Screenshot_20181220-101421_Settings.jpgVoLTE provisioning is enabled

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

What's your experience with both OneUI and VoLTE so far?

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat