cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

How do u get on the beta program  ... i heard abt it 

Journeyman

@AirWick219

To get on the beta program, go to this link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.samsung.oh to install the Samsung+ beta version. Once installed, there is a banner for the One UI Android 9.0 beta to tap on. I received the invitation and the One UI Android 9.0 downloads within minutes. 

I am so super excited about all this!

20181220_152127.jpgOn a Sprint VoLTE call

Screenshot_20181220-041114_Samsung+.jpgOne UI with Android Pie 9.0

Journeyman

@HELPeR_Sprint

So far, I'm liking the experience. However, the icons are a bit too cartoonish to my liking - I much prefer Oreo's icons. They've changed the names to some of the settings - Device Maintenance is now Device Care. The Samsung+ app keeps crashing. The battery seems to drain quickly, but then that's probably due to all the updating to Android 9.0 Pie. I didn't have to update too many apps, and a lot of them still work on Android P. 

The most important thing is that the unlocked by Samsung® Note 9 gets VoLTE! However, here's a tip. In order to get VoLTE to work, Wi-Fi calling has to be on when making and receiving calls. When I turn off Wi-Fi during a call, then my Note 9 switches to VoLTE, and I am able to talk and surf on the LTE data at the same time. However, this whole Wi-Fi calling thing having to be on is the only downside to getting VoLTE to work. Therefore, if you're initially without a Wi-Fi connection when you receive or make a call, then VoLTE doesn't switch on. I'll give Samsung feedback on that. I'll let them know that they need to make a separate setting for VoLTE where it can be toggled on and off. 

20181220_152127.jpgSprint's VoLTE

GrandMaster

that might end up something they are working with Sprint on already. you never know. no one will really know until they release the update for it anyhow....

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364

After all, I am running a beta version of UI One Android 9.0 Pie on my Note 9.  All I ask Sprint is for an official always on and constant VoLTE function/feature on the unlocked by Samsung Note 9 without having to have Wi-Fi calling on to make it work. That would really make my day. And, that would probably attract plenty of BYOD customers to Sprint.   

Journeyman

Here's the software information on the Samsung One UI beta with Android 9.0 Pie.

Please, let me know if this contains any of my personal information! Thank you!

20181222_155923.jpgThe software information of the One UI beta on Sprint 

Community Manager

That seems more like VCC than VoLTE.  Voice Call Continuity (VCC) allowing callers who start their call on Wi-Fi can seamlessly move to the LTE network and back to Wi-Fi while continuing the call.  That has always been on Samsung devices I think going back to the S8.  Originally it was not on the Note 9 due to the removal of Calling Plus.  

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

that might end up something they are working with Sprint on already. you never know. no one will really know until they release the update for it anyhow....

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am

With the help of an app, I had Enhanced LTE Services working on my unlocked by Samsung Note 9. That allowed using LTE data while on a call at the same time. Now, that I have ONE UI with Android 9 Pie beta on my Note 9 the Enhanced LTE Services command is no longer in that app. However, now, I get that VoLTE icon in the notification panel.

Anyway, many of us Samsung Members beta testers are requesting Samsung to add a VoLTE toggle switch that will let us turn Sprint's VoLTE on and off on our unlocked by Samsung devices.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat