cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

click on the agents name or avatar..once in their profile top right ish of the screen will be the option to send them a pm.

just make sure to include a subject or it will cancel itself.

once they reply it will be top right of the page where the envelope is.

@GHowie456 wrote:

How do I send you folks a PM?  Switched from my computer to my phone so maybe not seeing the PM link?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas   Well Note 10 is Here thought guys ??

There is a trade in promo going on for $600 with the note 9. 
But the thing is I want the 5g version since i am in a city that Sprint said they have 5g, but the unlocked version is not out yet ?? 

What's the game plan this year ?

Journeyman

Hey @AirWick219long time, no see! How you've been?

I've just pre-ordered the Aura Glow unlocked Note 10+.  

I've been doing some research on unlocked 5G phones for a while. Things don't look too promising right now in getting an unlocked 5G version. 

This site lays everything out about why there are no unlocked versions of 5G phones. 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/5g-phones-interoperability-carriers-unlocked/ 

Anyway, I'm going to be looking forward to the other new features of the Note 10.  

Journeyman

I've just realized the link above doesn't work. I'll try again.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/5g-phones-interoperability-carriers-unlocked

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas   Yea Aura Glow would be the color i would get but yea .. 

I need to do more research for the 5g situation ... also what memory size did you get ??

Journeyman

@AirWick219 

I'm surprised you're not going for black. But, yeah, the Aura Glow is really cool. Good choice!

I selected the 256GB. I can always add a micro SD card if I need more space. I believe there are 1TB micro SD cards now.

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas  Yea .. the Aura Glow really caught my attention this time around ... 

As far as space, I have a 512MB SD card from note 8 which then is moved to note 9. I noticed an issue with the camera taking 1s or 2s to write it to the SD card with a good amount of data. on the other, Internal storage is a bit quicker. 

But as far as the preorder deal, I think it's a little weaker than pervious year . I does come with Samsung buds, wireless chargers, 360 camera or VR .. although the $600 trade in is pretty good ...

I am definitely getting it but I guess will have sit it out for a bit and see what's going on .. 

Keep me update with the unlocked phone sim card process  

Journeyman

@AirWick219 

Hurry up and order if you want the Aura Glow because it keeps selling out.  Expected delivery is now September 10.  Or, are you going to get Sprint's 5G Note 10 version?  I'd wait on getting a 5G device for now.  I've been reading that by next year there should be unlocked 5G devices that will be just like our unlocked Note 9's that we are able to use with any carrier.  https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-10-plus-5g-is-the-latest-proof-that-5g-isnt-for-you-yet/ 

I've been experiencing corrupted files on my SD cards lately.  I wonder what's up with that.   

Speaking of preorder deal, I selected numerous preorder goodies (they had a lot of high-end items discounted down to a few dollars), however, when it came time to check-out they were no longer discounted. They had $49.99~$54.99 cases for $4.98~$5.87, fast charging wireless chargers $5.87, fast charging vehicle charger $1.87, $150 headphones for $45.00, I could have gotten a $119.99 SmartThings Wifi 1-pack for $2.69, 3-pack $86.06 otherwise $279.99. There were numerous other SmartThings discounted. Kits were discounted.  Well, at least, I'm getting $600 for my unlocked Note 9.  Unlike, last year where I got $500 for my unlocked Note 8.  Plus, I did get an extra $50 for signing up for a reservation.  It would have been an absolutely amazing preorder deal if those discounted prices were honored.

I've found this site regarding Sprint SIM cards and their respective SIM model numbers for unlocked devices. It's dated March 2018, but it is insightful. https://s4gru.com/forums/topic/7833-the-s4gru-aio-byod-sim-compatibility-chart/

Screenshot_20190807-212942_Shop Samsung.jpgCasesScreenshot_20190807-222737_Shop Samsung.jpgPower chargesScreenshot_20190807-212814_Shop Samsung.jpgSmartThings

Journeyman

I'm noticing the links I'm posting here are getting messed up.

Don't get a 5G device just yet!

https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-note-10-plus-5g-is-the-latest-proof-that-5g-isnt-for-you-yet

Journeyman

Yay! I'll be getting my Unlocked Aura Glow Note 10+ on the 23rd. I can't wait!

I am definitely certain that Sprint store employees will give me attitude once again when I ask for a SIM card for my Unlocked Note 10+.  This is what condescending Sprint store employees will tell me, "Are you sure you have a Note 10+ and not a Note 9 because the Note 10+ haven't come out yet. Sprint doesn't and won't ever carry SIM cards for the unlocked Note 10+. However, come in here with a Sprint Note 10+ in a month from now, and we'll be more than happy to give you a SIM card for a Sprint Note 10+."  And, I'll simply say, "No, thank you! I'll just get a Sprint 3-in-1 SIM card kit at Best Buy like I did last year for my unlocked Note 9."  And, the Sprint store employees will tell me that I'll just be wasting my time and gas getting a SIM card because there are no SIM cards for the unlocked Note 10+. 

I just know I'll run into that again. I just know it!

20190810_212335.jpgmy order20190810_212432.jpgexpected delivery date    

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I am super excited about getting the Note 10 as well. When you order it should have gave you a options for what carrier you use, and that is usually because they will pre-load a SIM for you. If you run into any trouble, send us a PM on here. We can see what we can get done. 

Journeyman

Samsung only gives an option to pre-load an ATT or Verizon SIM when you pre-order the Note 10 Unlocked.   

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat