cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

5G is only accessible with a 5G device. At this time, I don't have information on the S10+ 5G. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint   the S10 5G is out in the open i meant ..... So I am guessing ur official answer is NO .. you don't have info on the Sprint version NOTE 10 + 5G ..  I just found it odd that Sprint is holding the release for that ... Cuz clearly S10 5G and Note 10+ 5G uses the same 5G antenna ..

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 1.18.36 PM.png

Oh yeah, I apologize I missed that you were asking about the Note 5G, we don't have info on that yet. We also only have the S10 5G, we don't have a Plus version of it.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint  So is it coming at all ?? Or That's not even a thing ?? Should I keep waiting ?? Cuz Verizon have that available 

GrandMaster

agents are unable to say anything unless its already been publicly announced.

even if they know the answer to this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Today, I went to uBreakiFix to have them look at the vertical white line on my Note 10+.  The vertical line is a manufacturer's (Samsung's) defect and it's covered under Samsung's manufacturer's warranty.  Phew, that's a $307 defect that all comes out of Samsung's pockets and not mine! 

The tech at uBreakiFix said he's been seeing a lot of screen problems like mine with the Note 10/10+.  All that matters to me is that I don't have to pay one red cent for the repair.  Although, it is an inconvenience.   

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas  wait..... so is uBreakiFix a authorized place to fix Samsung device ??? initially i thought Samsung would just send you a Brand new phone first and then have you send the defective phone back with the same packing...  Personally i wouldn't want my brand new phone to be opened up, cuz who knows what could happen. 

Journeyman

@AirWick219 

Yes, uBreakiFix is a Samsung Care authorized service provider. This is how Samsung does things now I guess. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/faqs/

It was the Samsung Care Pro agent with whom I had chatted via samsung.com who had instructed me to take my Note 10+ to uBreakiFix for diagnostics testing. 

I contacted Samsung again after I had read your post, and all Samsung suggested was 1) take it to uBreakiFix, or 2) return it for a refund. Well, returning for a refund is out of the question.  And, they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them to send me a brand new Note 10+ replacement in exchange for the defective Note 10+ that I currently have.  They all told me to return for a refund, and then order another Note 10+. What are the magic words that I need to say to Samsung in order to get them to exchange my defective Note 10+ for a brand new one? 

Oh well, I guess I'll just go with uBreakiFix. The part comes in tomorrow. They say it's a two hour repair.  Believe me, I'm not so thrilled about having my Note 10+ opened up either.    

Journeyman

@AirWick219 

I've just spoken with Samsung again today due to my finding this on their website. https://www.samsung.com/us/terms-and-conditions/early-replacement-service/

It's exactly what you've posted yesterday about Samsung sending a replacement phone, and then I send back the defective one.  When I spoke with Samsung, I mentioned the Early Replacement Service program to the Samsung support agent in the warranty department, and he told me they'll only send a (brand new) replacement if my defective Note 10+ cannot be repaired by Samsung. Otherwise, he told me I'm better off just taking it to uBreakiFix. 

Oh well, at least I don't have to pay anything for the repair. No deductible, no monthly fee. 

Journeyman

@nemembêtezpas   Awesome !! That's great ...

Btw what screen protector and case did you end up with ??

My cousin showed by the case that he got from https://interiorex.com for his note 10 and I kinda like the fitment and how thin that is. Will probably order that as well whenever Sprint 5G version is released 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@AirWick219 

I'm currently using Samsung's proprietary screen protector that Samsung puts on the Note 10+. 

I got these two cases. https://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Note-10-Plus-Samsung/dp/B07VQT8LZQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Feitenn+Galaxy+...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-hard-shell-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note10-and-note10-5g-clear/...

Those Interiorex cases look good. 

Still no word on the Sprint 5G Note 10+?  I hope when the Note 11 comes out that there will be an unlocked 5G version. I much prefer unlocked versions. Oh wait, if I get a 5G phone then I'll lose my Unlimited Kickstart plan.  Hmm, decisions, decisions, should I choose 5G speed and pay $100/month, or  stick with my $19.92/month Unlimited Kickstart plan. At times, I do get 200 Mbps on my current plan. I'm in no hurry to get 5G.   

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat