cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

I was wondering if sprint would activate the unlocked note 8 that i get from samsung ? I travel alot and from previous experience with the note 5 sprint locked phone . It was missing some 4g lte bands which I was not able to use 4g lte overseas. 3g was not usable at all. 

I wouldn't mind missing out on those sprint specific update and rather be able to have 4g lte with the same phone everywhere i go. 

I tried to call sprint customer service but the person that I spoke to wasn't sure and kept asking me the imei number. I know that sprint have the "SIM KIT" for people who bring their phone and switch to sprint.  I was hoping to confirm that before I get that from samsung.

382 REPLIES 382
Highlighted

Repackage and sell them in developing markets.  Or use them for inventory for insurance products.

Highlighted

I've just pre-ordered my unlocked by Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G. It's expected to arrive August 21. 

@AirWick219 @howie411 

I'm a bit disappointed that Mystic Bronze doesn't come in 512 GB.  It's quite a downgrade from my Note 10+, but I really like the Mystic Bronze. 

@Em_Will_I_Am I've just bought a ton of Sprint SIM kits. Will a Sprint SIM card work in the Note 20, or will I have to get a t-mobile SIM card and pay t-mobile $100 for it? You won't believe how this one t-mobile store tried ripping me off. I said to myself "Never Again, t-mobile", and then this merger happened.  I've heard that t-mobile won't allow unlocked 5G devices on their network come January 2021. Is that true? Will I lose my Kickstart lines when I swap my Note 10+ for my unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G? Or, will t-mobile force me to change to one of their undesirable plans?  I think it's quite obvious I have no love for t-mobile. 

My official pre-orderMy official pre-order Screenshot of Note 20 pre-orderScreenshot of Note 20 pre-order

Highlighted

yeah im almost positive im in the non GB down areas however my speeds are more often than not quite pleasant.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Ok, that's a lot.  Here we go:

Will a Sprint SIM card work in the Note 20, or will I have to get a t-mobile SIM card and pay t-mobile $100 for it?

Yes, Sprint SIM will work and it's Part No. SIMOLW416TQ.  Just go to Sprint Store and give them that part number.

I've heard that t-mobile won't allow unlocked 5G devices on their network come January 2021. Is that true?

That's news to me.  I don't see the reasoning behind it.

Will I lose my Kickstart lines when I swap my Note 10+ for my unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G?

You are not leasing or installment billing a device from us, so you should be cool.  Keep in mind I'm more of a tech guy, than billing.

Or, will t-mobile force me to change to one of their undesirable plans?  

You are still in the Sprint billing system, so you will not have a T-Mobile plan.

I think it's quite obvious I have no love for t-mobile. 

No.  Really?  Tell me how you really feel.

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Ok, that's a lot.  Here we go:

I've heard that t-mobile won't allow unlocked 5G devices on their network come January 2021. Is that true?

That's news to me.  I don't see the reasoning behind it.

especially with them allowing just about every phone under the sun onto their network lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am 

I have an unused SIM card SIMOLW416TQ.

T-Mobile's bricking Sprint phones. https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/g679ee/tmobile_confirms_its_going_to_brick_5g_on_most/?utm...

Beginning January 2021, phones that don't have VoLTE will no longer work on T-Mobile the new Sprint. I'm sorry I just can't bring myself to utter the vile name of that magenta flamingo thing that took over Sprint.  https://www.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-will-require-volte-january-2021

I know T-Mobile is behind this forcing me to switch plans.

Best Buy states I have to switch plansBest Buy states I have to switch plansSprint is telling me I have to switch plansSprint is telling me I have to switch plans

Who's behind this? T-Mobile? I know T-Mobile is behind this. I did not have any issues until the day T-Mobile took over and started monkeying around with Sprint's LTE band 41 and holding my phones hostage on its LTE bands 2, 4, 12, 66 and Sprint's 26. I do not know how anybody can find any of this acceptable! 

Can't make calls. Is t-mobile behind this?Can't make calls. Is t-mobile behind this?

Please, tell me how this merger is/was a good thing! I just don't see it.

I believe my feelings and disdain for t-mobile should be quite obvious by now.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@nemembêtezpas say it aloud..."Tee Moe Bill"

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am Never in a million years will I ever say "----------" aloud! However, I will say "Sprint" aloud. I will say "Sprint FOREVER" loud and proud.

Anyway, FedEx just delivered my unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G. I was able to activate it without -------- forcing me to change my Kickstart plan to one of those icky pink plans. I was also able to use my Sprint SIM card that I had in my unlocked Note 10+.

Yes, there is a Sprint god up above after all, and my undying love for Sprint will never end no matter how hard pink magenta flamingo mobile tries to win me over because that will never happen!   

Samsung unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G on KickstartSamsung unlocked Note 20 Ultra 5G on Kickstart

Highlighted
Community Manager

LMAO!!

Highlighted

@nemembêtezpas 

After looking at a couple of reviews, I think I will hold off til the Christmas deals for more colors for the 512GB.

What case did you end up getting? It bothers me a bit that it appears the camera Great Wall is so huge that it can lay flat on a surface without wobbling. I write on it a lot so I don't think I can deal with that and getting a huge case just to make the back flush seems like a waste of real estate. It would just make the phone bigger. 

Another thing, I noticed Samsung removed the 45w charging on the note. They claim that while the 80% is way faster on the 45w but the remaining 20% slows down a lot where it is only mins faster compare to the 25w charging that is included in the box. Another thing might be Samsung didn't sell enough of their 45w charger to justify the cost. That's another bummer since I use MacBook pro for work and I could just juice the phone up with the MacBook pro 87w charger. 

Next, did you get the hotspot to work with the new setup?? Mine worked for a while and it didn't the other day when I needed it. It's also a gamble trying to use that and ended up had to find a Starbucks to use their wifi which is lame 

Highlighted

@AirWick219 

I bought the S-View Flip Cover. It makes the camera's Great Wall lie flushed with the back, but it doesn't make the phone thick nor bulky in any way. The phone lies perfectly flat with no wobble. I really like the cover.

I have no qualms with the charger that comes with the phone. It charges the phone fairly quickly. It charges from 15% to 53% in 15 minutes.   

I don't have hotspot included in my Sprint plan, but the hotspot works perfectly fine with my AT&T plan.

I really like the phone. However, I wish I could completely disable B66, B2, B4 and n71, but my Note 20 Ultra won't stop accessing them no matter how many times I've disabled them and disabled roaming. I had thought that getting a 5G phone would return me to the >200 Mbps I was getting with the old Sprint. I guess -------- completely shut off Sprint's B41. It's such a travesty of what -------- has done to Sprint. 

The old and fabulous SprintThe old and fabulous Sprint

The S-View Flip Cover doesn't make the Note 20 Ultra big, thick, nor bulkyThe S-View Flip Cover doesn't make the Note 20 Ultra big, thick, nor bulkyThe camera's Great Wall lies flushed with the S-View Flip Cover's backThe camera's Great Wall lies flushed with the S-View Flip Cover's backAnother angle of the camera's Great WallAnother angle of the camera's Great Wall

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat