cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

@Chowdarygm

This was my issue when I had problems activating my unlocked by Samsung® S7 edge on Sprint.  My S7 edge was listed as PLBL SKU in Sprint's database; a Sprint Social Care rep changed it to SPR, and that fixed the problem for me.  However, in your case, I have no idea what the problem is.  

I'm just trying to help by sharing my experiences and what worked for me. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.54.53 AM.pngDatabase flag PLBL SKU to SPR

Journeyman

Woo-hoo!  Finally, I got the Sprint Visual Voicemail app to work on my unlocked by Samsung® Note 8.  Oh, what joy it is to finally have Sprint visual voicemail on my Note 8! 

Journeyman

Well, it was nice while it lasted.  Thanks a lot Sprint for deactivating the visual voicemail that I had working on my unlocked by Samsung® Note 8. Smiley Mad Cat Mad  

Sprint, why must you persistently punish the bring-your-own-device customers?  This is maddening.Man Mad   

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.14.53 AM.pngSprint doesn't want me having visual voicemail Smiley Sad

Journeyman

@Chowdarygm

Did you have any luck getting your Note 8 working on Sprint?

Journeyman

Just got my Note 8 Unlocked yesterday.  Wasn't able to activate it online because kept telling me the SIM card # wasn't valid.  Called Sprint and they were able to activate it in a couple of minutes.

So far the phone is working great.   Anyone know if there is a way to get HD Voice and Wifi calling working on it though?

Journeyman

@howie411

I know how to get the Wi-Fi calling to work.  Click on Phone to bring up the dialer, then in the upper right corner click on the three vertical dots, next click on Settings, then scroll down until you see Wi-Fi calling.  

Screenshot_20180223-092926.jpgBring up the Phone dialer, then tap on the three dots in the upper right cornerScreenshot_20180223-092935.jpgClick SettingsScreenshot_20180223-093021.jpgScroll down until you get to Wi-Fi Calling

GrandMaster

if it is a unlocked version from the OEM or from another carrier it will not get wifi calling. not sure about the HD calls though. the wifi calling/calling plus is a built in deal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you, that worked on the Unlocked phone.

Journeyman

The previous post directions did work.   So it is possible to turn on WIFI calling.   Not sure about the HD yet.  I had my Wife call my phone with her S7 Edge.   Her phone said HD at the top mine did not.    I thought both phones need to support it for that to work.   So it may just be a display issue.

Sprint Social Care

howie411. To experience HD Voice, both people need to call each other on a Sprint HD Voice capable phone on HD Voice-enabled regions. Please click here to learn more about HD voice.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks, I know how it works. I was just wondering if the Unlocked Note 8 Supported it. I don't show the HD notification in the toolbar at the top. Wasn't sure if that was because its the Unlocked version or that phone just don't show it.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

howie411. Based on the device information, the Galaxy Note8 Especial Edition supports HD voice.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat