cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked Note 8 from samsung work on sprint ?

I was wondering if sprint would activate the unlocked note 8 that i get from samsung ? I travel alot and from previous experience with the note 5 sprint locked phone . It was missing some 4g lte bands which I was not able to use 4g lte overseas. 3g was not usable at all. 

I wouldn't mind missing out on those sprint specific update and rather be able to have 4g lte with the same phone everywhere i go. 

I tried to call sprint customer service but the person that I spoke to wasn't sure and kept asking me the imei number. I know that sprint have the "SIM KIT" for people who bring their phone and switch to sprint.  I was hoping to confirm that before I get that from samsung.

382 REPLIES 382
Highlighted

No Sprint apps nor ads installed on my Note 8.  It's clean and free of Sprint bloatware!   

Highlighted

If you order from Samsung, you may have a long wait.  You'll get it faster from Best Buy.

Highlighted

O well .. Just placed my order with my note 5 trade in. 

It said it will come in 2 days ... I guess I am it's time to look for case and screen protector 

Highlighted

O nvm ... bad news ... just got the confirmation email 

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.56.50 PM.png

Highlighted

Oh, hey, that's great news!  Did you order the Midnight Black or Orchid Gray? What cases are you looking at?  I'm thinking of getting the S-View Flip. $59.99 yikes!

Highlighted

Edit: Never mind, I posted my post before I had seen yours. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. October 15th.  I initially ordered mine from Samsung, then I cancelled my order when Samsung couldn't tell me a precise delivery date - all they told me was "pending."  I ended up ordering it from Best Buy on the 13th of Sept, and I got it on the 18th.  

Highlighted

I wasn't aware I could choice color for the unlocked version.. But yea .. picked the Midnight Black

I am not really a fan of big cases.. just something simple and basic. For my note 5, I use this really thin tpu soft plastic case that does that job. As far as screen protector, I am still reading reviews about the curve edges, I personally like the tempered glass one but not sure if that would work well with the case 

Highlighted

Do you still get all the extra tho ?? like the free 360 camera ?? I don't think best buy would honor the $300 trade in with the note 5 .. so i guess i will have to wait. 

Highlighted

I ordered the Orchid Gray Note 8.  I did order this screen protector "Cubevit Galaxy Note 8 Screen Protector" off Amazon.  I didn't put it on yet.  And, I still haven't taken the factory wrap off the phone.  

Highlighted

Haha not a fan of those plastic one 🙂 

Let me know how it goes and post some pictures 

Highlighted

I see you selected the Gear 360.  Yes, you can still get the Gear 360 for free if you order the Note 8 from Best Buy by September 24th.  However, you won't get that $300 trade in for your Note 5. 

Highlighted

Have you been to this website?  It's Best Buy's trade in your mobile phone and see how much it's worth. https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog

Once I get it on, I'll post pics. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat