cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked S20+ does not connect to T-Mobile's 5G band n71, despite showing 5G icon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked S20+ does not connect to T-Mobile's 5G band n71, despite showing 5G icon.

My unlocked Galaxy S20+ on Sprint is not able to connect to T-Mobile's low-band 5G network. I know the phone is physically capable of transmitting on that band; it does so when a T-Mobile SIM is inserted. I've posted in the Samsung Members community and they said to get in touch with Sprint. Am I missing a profile/PRL update? Or do I need to wait for a future Samsung-supplied update?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

I can confirm this problem on both my unlocked s20s also. I ended up returning one of them for the locked sprint s20. I received a firmware update on that new sprint s20 and it enabled tmobiles 5g so i believe that sprint has to send the update to the phones. The problem is that the phones are unlocked and receive their updates directly from samsung so we miss out sprint updates unless their sprint locked devices.

Also unlocked s20 5g cant even connect to sprints original 5g network btw. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat