cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked S9 Visual Voicemail Set Up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked S9 Visual Voicemail Set Up

I've installed Sprint's Visual Voicemail application and gone through the initial set up for my voicemail when you enter the app. Even after updating my profile and attempting to reinstall the app, the voicemails I receive won't transfer to the application.

I still have to call in to be able to listen to my voicemails and I feel like it has something to do with the fact that this Galaxy S9 was purchased unlocked straight from Samsung instead of coming from Sprint with the Sprint apps installed already.

Any help would be appreciated and I can provide more information if needed. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Unlocked S9 Visual Voicemail Set Up

Howdy Reece387. You might just be hitting the nail on the head. Anytime an unlocked phone is used, there could be features that may not function correctly or at all. It boils down to the programming in the phone. Each company programs the phones for the carrier they're sending them out. When a phone is unlocked to use on a different carrier the programming may not match up perfectly and that leads to features not functioning fully or at all. 

If the phone is sold as unlocked then it has a generic programming which is great, because it can be used on any carrier, but, can lead to this mismatching also. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

How would I be able to know if that is the issue in this instance?

Are all unlocked Galaxy S9's directly from Samsung not able to be registered for Visual Voicemail? Could this be a network issue on Sprint's end and not a mismatch in programming?

This is a huge feature nowadays so it would be a big hit if this isn't available at all for my phone.

We can complete some basic trouble shooting. Unfortunately it's a case by case basis as to which phones may have unlock related issues. I've seen a few unlocked Galaxy S9's work well with the Visual Voicemail or VVM. 

Do you have any saved VM that you don't want to lose? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Ah okay I see. No, I could part with them if it means activating VVM.

Good to hear. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat