cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked S9+ from ATT is not working on sprint

Journeyman

Unlocked S9+ from ATT is not working on sprint

Hello community,

I have recently switched from ATT to Sprint for the BYOD plan that gives unlimited talk, text and data for 1 year. I did check the device eligibility before porting my number from ATT to Sprint using my device IMEI number. As I switched to sprint my phone network doesn't show up. I am currently in a limbo as I don't have a working network on my phone . Still waiting on the sprint folks to resolve this. The store representative has tried two sim cards and haven't given me a solution. The chat and on call support have been not successful so far. I am waiting on a backup team (as told by agent in the chat) to provide a solution. Any idea why would it not work ? 

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Unlocked S9+ from ATT is not working on sprint

Hello, Is anyone available to look into this ? Please let me know. I am thinking to port back to ATT if there is no solution . I cannot stay without a working network on my phone for any more days ..Smiley Sad

Wizard

Hey there, sounds like a reset on the phone might help. Let's try 2 things first, and if it doesn't help, we'll go to a private message so I can get more specific info from ya.

Network Reset:

1. From the home screen, tap Phone.
Note: The device must be in a Sprint coverage area to complete the programming and activation process. To verify Sprint Coverage, visit the Sprint website at coverage.sprint.com.
2. Dial ##72786#
Note: If the dialer does not appear, tap the Dialer icon.
3. Tap YES. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.
4. After the device restarts it will automatically perform Activation Service. •Register device with the network
5. Once the Activation Service is complete, tap OK.
6. The network settings have been reset, and the device is now re-activated.

Update Data Profile:

1.Tap OK if an error displays. From the Home screen:
2.Press the Home screen, drag from bottom to top to open apps. Tap Settings.
3.Tap System Updates > Update Profile.
4.Customer sees Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.  •Do not interrupt this process.
•If the screen goes into sleep mode, you may tap screen to wake up the phone.
5.Do not press Cancel or hold down the End key, as it will interrupt the process.
6.When it's finished, the phone displays: The Profile has been updated. Press OK to continue.
7.Press the Home key.

Let me know if that helps.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Hello @Penguin_,

I cannot dial "##72786#" or any other number, i get the "Emergency calls only" prompt when I try to dial anything.

Also there is no -->system Update--> Update Profile option on my phone.

Wizard

I'll send you a private message so I can get the IMEI of the phone and check things out.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

I Have replied to your private message with the IMEI details.
Journeyman

I had a ticket open with sprint backup team "269992-180906" on 9/6 saying I will be contacted by the sprint agent within 24-48hrs with regards to solution of my issue. But so far I haven't received an email or call from them. I am still struck with no phone network on my phone. Smiley Sad

Wizard

Good morning. I just checked on the ticket and it is still open, so it is still in progress. I will pass this along to my supervisor and when she comes in to see if we can get more information for you.

Please remember, this is on a public post. If you need to ask any questions with personal information, go back to our private conversation.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

Thank you for checking on it @Penguin_. I hope some one will get back to me today!

Wizard

You're welcome. As soon as I get some info, I'll let you know.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Journeyman

Hello @Penguin_, can you please check and let me know the status of my issue. Its been 5 days now. Do you suggest to wait any longer ? I still don't have any network on my phone.

Wizard

Good morning. I checked the ticket and it's still being worked on.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat