Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Samsung S8 and S8+ Sprint phones

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked Samsung S8 and S8+ Sprint phones

After paying off 2 of my samsung galaxy phones (s8 and s8+) and one iphone 8  I made request from sprint care to  have them unlocked. I recieved message that all 3 phones are unlocked when I tried to test if they are unlocked with other provider sim card message "please contact Sprint to unlock this phone". I checked IMEI number with other provider website and phones are fully compatible. I spent hours and hours on the phone trying to explain that phones are still locked but I was given runaround. They claim that phone is unlocked etc. etc.... And they are still locked. Why is it so hard to get fully paid off phones unlocked? Did anyone from here had luck with Sprint to unlock their phone?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Unlocked Samsung S8 and S8+ Sprint phones

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention @ptoluic77.

We'd like to take a closer look at your case, and help you unlock your phones. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent a private message as requested. I will keep you posted if resolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After reading other messages on this site it is becoming apparent that no matter what you do Sprint will never unlock samsung devices. No other carrier treats customers like this. You can ignore these "helpers" on this site and their private messages. I have one more day to be sprint customer. Luckily I will get $400 for each sprint phone from my new provider. good luck to rest of you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was finaly able to get my phones unlocked. Thanks to help from Joel. It does take almost a week to get them unlocked. Thank you

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention @ptoluic77.

We'd like to take a closer look at your case, and help you unlock your phones. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I sent a private message as requested. I will keep you posted if resolved.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After reading other messages on this site it is becoming apparent that no matter what you do Sprint will never unlock samsung devices. No other carrier treats customers like this. You can ignore these "helpers" on this site and their private messages. I have one more day to be sprint customer. Luckily I will get $400 for each sprint phone from my new provider. good luck to rest of you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was finaly able to get my phones unlocked. Thanks to help from Joel. It does take almost a week to get them unlocked. Thank you

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey I’m having the same issue I keep getting the run around and it’s been several days it’s getting frustrating 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are they saying its unlocked on their side? or that not all things have been met to unlock it? needing a bit more detail into what you have going on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a similar issue where Sprint has been less than helpful to unlock this phone. It's a full paid s8 that I purchased from a co worker because she was older and didn't know how to use the phone. Well she has tried calling sprint customer service and first they said it was automatically unlocked because it was paid off. That didn't work now she was told that a request to unlock the device had been put in but it's been days and the phone isn't unlocked.

I do get a Error 407 when trying to update the UICC manually. Please help

Highlighted
GrandMaster

when she called in to have it re unlocked was the device turned on with the Sprint sim card in it and the phone connected to wifi in order to actually receive the signal?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an S7 and an s8+ I have been trying to get unlocked to use on T-Mobile. Both phones are paid for. I requested the unlock on the S7 6 days ago. I have spent many hours on the phone and in the secured chat with sprint with no resolution. They used to say it was unlocked, but my phone still said locked. I even went into a Sprint store. The most current comment was that it was locked and never unlocked and they would submit a ticket to unlock it. I haven’t been able to use my phone since the unlock request was made. The porting process should not start until the phone is unlocked from the Sprintsim card. I have tried all the solutions on the board with no results.

Highlighted

Hi Lorri. So long as you have met all the requirements for unlocks (link below) you should be good to go. Shoot me a private message and I'll get your account information from you so we can get to the bottom of this. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Articles/SOLUTION-Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-U...

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I have requested to have my s8+ unlocked in November 2018, called 3x to request to unlock phone, I called today and rep says it's unlocked on their end, but phone still says "please contact sprint to unlock device" I'm tired of searching for troubleshooting steps. Need help. Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat