cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Verizon Galaxy S10 plus

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unlocked Verizon Galaxy S10 plus

Can someone explain why this unlocked phone won't work on Sprint, I'm starting to regret choosing Sprint as my wireless provider.  I can go on Prepaid Straight Talk and pay less and can use pretty much any phone I want. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey @rramos519! We don't want you to feel regret about our Sprint family. We always work to make our customers happy. We have tested different device's models and confirmed that Sprint can only activate the open market version of the S10+ which is sold from Samsung directly. If the model has carrier branding (Verizon, etc) on the phone, it is not an Open Market variant of the phone and it may not be eligible for BYOD. A device designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it. Due to this limitation, some devices aren't eligible. You can still sell that phone and get one US unlock version sold by Samsung directly, or one from us. If you decide to get it from us, click sprint.com/shop to check the ones available. You can also participate in our buyback program where we can buy it and give you an account credit for that device or you can choose to use the amount towards the purchase of a new phone. Please visit sprint.com/buyback for more details. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Like I said you are about the only ones, I reviewed the in depth specs about this phone and the unlocked version and there isn't any difference besides the fact that is Verizon branded I even took the Sim card out of my phone and used on the Verizon phone and worked which tells me that Sprint just don't want to use Verizon phones. I check every other provider even GSM and they accepted the phone so with that said I chose the wrong provider for this and other reasons. And if I have to return all the devices back and go with another carrier, then maybe I should, I chose Sprint because they said they are the best, so far I'm having my doubt.

Highlighted

@rramos519, we'd hate to see you leave our Sprint family. I sent you a Private message, please check your inbox. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

So what ypur saying is that you guys don't take Verizon previously owned phones? I've been pretty bummed out the last mont or two now trying to get this phone I bought on Overstock.com  it was advertised  as a Unlocked phone and that it was previously used on the Verizon network. So I bought it and it came with APN settings that I would need to adjust to have it able to be functional on the sprint network. So I created a new apn and followed the instructions and basically got frustrated and went to the sprint online to get help from an agent which told me it wasn't on the database which was a huge bombshell for me since I spent alot of money. The treatment I got from this person literally was very disrespectful and not good with handling a customer who's upset and in no way did I blame anyone or anything on sprint but got treated like a joke. I took bunch of screen shots just because it was so silly how improper this sprint associate was interacting with me. Anyways this doesn't really have to do much my issue but that I always receive these terrible customer service that its expected sadly you get what you pay for since the service is cheap I deal with it lol. So problem still unresolved I went to the stores to inquire about the phone and how to get it to work and from reading somewhere on these forums I read that you needed to go inatore to submit the phones imei to sprint to add to the database to get it to work. Which I knew I was gonna be in for a real painfully frustrating experience explain to them what I was trying to do. Which they just kept saying they wil look and ( by typing my imei into the data base.) Which I told them it wouldn't show up cause it's from a different network  and would need to be added and such. They said my phone is locked and I said it wasn't because it is able to work for other networks when I plug in Truconnect which I believe is TMobile and Sprint network that they use. Than to top it all of what was weird is that I do get some response from plugging my Sprint sim card into the phone . Basically it will pick up the network but it won't fully work, I mean it doesn't go through the activation process to network. It allows you to try again later but able to just continue on you can see the network reception and actually I'ma able to make phone calls and text messages that are sent from my phone phone number. However I don't get any data to go on the internet or send mms I believe. So I kinda got thrown off and wanted a better explanation as to why this phone isn't able to work with Sprint than the response that I've gotten which were being clearly responses that they didn't know the answer and didn't care to find the it. The phone eventually gets a error about the sim card being locked (my sprint sim for my active phoneline) I believe it was a OMDA or some thing like that. So sorry for putting in my frustrating experiences that have been part of my process on this whole situation but the main thing I'm trying to find out is why it doesn't work with Sprint since it was being sold to be unlocked by a reliable vendor on overstock .com . Just looking for closure on this huge loss of money I've spent basically hopefully someone can let me know what they have experienced . Or if a sprint rep can let me know.

Highlighted

unless its a Special Edition they just cant accept it..even though you purchased it as unlock it wasnt a fully unlocked directly from the manufacturer never assigned to a carrier device.

Sprints list of accepted devices are here

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/ANSWER-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-with-Sprint/ta...

which includes

Samsung
Galaxy Book 2
Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition

Galaxy Note 9

Galaxy Note 9 Special Edition (SPH-N960U1)

Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition

Galaxy S7 Special Edition

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8 Special Edition

Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Galaxy S8+

Galaxy S9

Galaxy S9 Special Edition

Galaxy S9+

Galaxy S9+ Special Edition

Galaxy S10 Special Edition

Galaxy S10e Special Edition

Galaxy S10+ Special Edition

Galaxy Watch

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

In the beginning...Bible joke.  Yeah, PM me your MEID and I will see if we can get it in the database.

@JoePMurphy wrote:

So what ypur saying is that you guys don't take Verizon previously owned phones? I've been pretty bummed out the last mont or two now trying to get this phone I bought on Overstock.com  it was advertised  as a Unlocked phone and that it was previously used on the Verizon network. So I bought it and it came with APN settings that I would need to adjust to have it able to be functional on the sprint network. So I created a new apn and followed the instructions and basically got frustrated and went to the sprint online to get help from an agent which told me it wasn't on the database which was a huge bombshell for me since I spent alot of money. The treatment I got from this person literally was very disrespectful and not good with handling a customer who's upset and in no way did I blame anyone or anything on sprint but got treated like a joke. I took bunch of screen shots just because it was so silly how improper this sprint associate was interacting with me. Anyways this doesn't really have to do much my issue but that I always receive these terrible customer service that its expected sadly you get what you pay for since the service is cheap I deal with it lol. So problem still unresolved I went to the stores to inquire about the phone and how to get it to work and from reading somewhere on these forums I read that you needed to go inatore to submit the phones imei to sprint to add to the database to get it to work. Which I knew I was gonna be in for a real painfully frustrating experience explain to them what I was trying to do. Which they just kept saying they wil look and ( by typing my imei into the data base.) Which I told them it wouldn't show up cause it's from a different network  and would need to be added and such. They said my phone is locked and I said it wasn't because it is able to work for other networks when I plug in Truconnect which I believe is TMobile and Sprint network that they use. Than to top it all of what was weird is that I do get some response from plugging my Sprint sim card into the phone . Basically it will pick up the network but it won't fully work, I mean it doesn't go through the activation process to network. It allows you to try again later but able to just continue on you can see the network reception and actually I'ma able to make phone calls and text messages that are sent from my phone phone number. However I don't get any data to go on the internet or send mms I believe. So I kinda got thrown off and wanted a better explanation as to why this phone isn't able to work with Sprint than the response that I've gotten which were being clearly responses that they didn't know the answer and didn't care to find the it. The phone eventually gets a error about the sim card being locked (my sprint sim for my active phoneline) I believe it was a OMDA or some thing like that. So sorry for putting in my frustrating experiences that have been part of my process on this whole situation but the main thing I'm trying to find out is why it doesn't work with Sprint since it was being sold to be unlocked by a reliable vendor on overstock .com . Just looking for closure on this huge loss of money I've spent basically hopefully someone can let me know what they have experienced . Or if a sprint rep can let me know.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat