cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking S4 phone

Journeyman S4
Journeyman

Unlocking S4 phone

Hi, i was given a Sprint Galaxy S4 phone ( think it might be a triband) from a friend. This friend bought it from an estate sale. I have tried numerous time reaching out to the Sprint Customer Services but to no avail. As the phone was purchased from an estate sale, the owner has since passed away and family members cannot be reach, I was not able to provide account information to unlock. Would someone help me with this issue? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlocking S4 phone

@S4. I understand your situation, but without the account name or phone number last associated with the device, we won't able to provide the Master Security Code for this S4. And also, if you need to unlock the SIM for international use, you'll need to provide the PIN/security answer as well. Please visit www.sprint.com/unlock for details.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman S4
Journeyman

Hi Carlos, thank you for your reply. I have a phone number but it is a prepaid card with Boost Wireless. The owner has passed on, and I have no access to account information or pin. 

Journeyman S4
Journeyman

Carlos, if I give you the phone number would you help me with the unlock?

Sprint Social Care

@S4, Is that phone number the last one associated with the device? Is this a Boost or Sprint S4?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman S4
Journeyman

I believe the phone number is associated with the phone because the sim card is still in the phone. The number is from Boost wireless but the phone is Sprint (Sprint Spark)

Sprint Social Care

@S4. The Samsung S4 is not Domestic SIM unlock capable, but with the account info we can verify if it is eligible for the Master Security Lock (MSL) code. If the phone is the Sprint branded version, we need the last Sprint account info where it was activated so we can review if it meets the requirements shown on the link I sent above.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman S4
Journeyman

Carlos, as I have mentioned that the owner has passed on and I have no account information. For that, what would you suggest that I should do with the phone I own now?

Sprint Social Care

@S4, you can see if it can be activated on a Sprint account and sell it. Or see if Boost mobile can buy it from you like we do in our buyback program.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman S4
Journeyman

Thanks Carlos. I appreciate your feedback and time in answering my questions.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat