cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S6

Journeyman

Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S6

Hello, I was recently gifted a galaxy s6 from a friend who has sprint. We requested an unlock three times and its been 2 weeks and the phone is still not unlocked. I am trying to get the phone unlocked for att use

12 REPLIES 12
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy S6

PM me the IMEI of the phone so I can take a look. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

redactd

Journeyman

the phone is payed off and customer service keeps giving me excuses 

Master

I'm assuming ther phone is not active on sprint network.
You will need the sprint sim on the phone and do a profile and prl update when in wifi.
See if your friend has the sim, if he didn't give it to you.
That said, you need to make sure if the s6 is compatible with at&t, that phone is before the law that requires all phones to be compatible with all carriers.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

i do have the sim and tried updating the profile and doing the sim unlock but it always fails and says failed to initialize network or something along those lines. Ive looked it up online and this model is compatible with att

Master

Ok. You call Sprint International 888-226-7212
Ask them to check and unlock the Phone. It might show already unlocked if they have pushed it before, but just ask them to push it again while you are on the phone and make sure the phone is off and you only turn it on once the Sprint SIM is inside and the unlock is already pushed.
Turn it on and try to do the profile update.
On a phone I had, the SIM never showed UICC unlocked for any SIM card, but the phone was unlocked and I was able to go and update APN.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Ive tried to call them before and they always have an excuse when I called and the sim has remained in for the longest time.

Journeyman

Do you know of any reason my mic update doesnt work? or a way to fix it

Master

Weird things happen when the phone is off the network and especially if you do a factory reset when off the network.
It will loose the provisioning of the phone that includes the UICC unlock, and since it is not linked to a line or maybe when the SIM is not in, it will not provision itself again.
As I stated before, I had a phone that was already unlocked and it was off the network, not used for about 3 years and it lost the unlock. I had to call Sprint again to push the unlock again. Once they pushed it, it took maybe a 1-2 hrs and when I did the PRL update, it took the unlock and the phone restarted.
Again, UICC never showed that it was unlocked, but I was able to get inside the APN settings and update the APN.

Community Manager

@qwerty69 please refer to the private messages from @Megntron_Sprint which explain why the device is not unlocked.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I addressed what he said, it was incorrect information. The phone doesnt have any payments on it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat