cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Unlock sim

@badankles Check messages above. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@badankles 

for most androids after the phone has restarted, you need to go to Settings > System Updates and click the followings with Sprint SIM into the phone:

•Update PRL
•Update Profile
•UICC Unlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

@badankles 

for most androids after the phone has restarted, you need to go to Settings > System Updates and click the followings with Sprint SIM into the phone:

•Update PRL
•Update Profile
•UICC Unlock

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, badankles. The steps provided above may help when the unlock signal was sent and the phone is still showing "Invalid SIM card error". If you have the same issue, performed the steps and problem persists, please feel free to let us know to investigate what could be causing it.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Wizard

@Genci, thanks.  I've done that before so thought there were something else.  Glad it worked for you.

@Sprint_Palmira, I tried the same steps.  (Note that a few months ago, I've contacted Sprint via phone call and the agent said they would unlock, no problem, but it never showed unlocked after initiating the UICC Unlock option.  I just haven't made time to call back.)  The first two were successful (after a phone restart), but again, the last step UICC Unlock came back with the same message, "You can currently only use your service provider UICC with device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider."

Highlighted
Journeyman

@badankles.

Thanks for letting us know. Have you tried doing these steps with the Sprint SIM card in the Samsung device? Please try and let me know for further assistance.

Highlighted
Wizard

@Sprint_Yanil, yes, that's with the Sprint SIM card because the phone is still on Sprint.  I did the steps with both WiFi off while connected to the Sprint network, and WiFi on.  Both resulted the same with the last step.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@badankles. Let's take a look into this matter for you. Please respond to the Private message I just sent you.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Carlo,

I'm trying to unlock my Samsung Note 4. I called customer service and they keep providing the MSO. However, I'm really looking for UICC unlock. Let me know how I should proceed.

Tks,

BD
Highlighted

Hello @dkao101.

For devices that are not SIM Unlock-capable, such as your Note 4 and others introduced before February 2015, Sprint can only provide a Master Subsidy Lock code to eligible customers.

Please note, while Sprint can provide the MSL code, this does not mean that device is unlocked or that it will be accepted by another carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

HI Kevin,

The UICC is still locked to sprint. I had the same issue with a S7, once the unlocked the UICC it was able to work on other networks.

UICC Unlock: Unlock your phone’s Universal Integrated Circuit Card

I know this is possible as Samsung Galaxy S4 are able to UICC unlock and that phone is even older than Note 4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Boost Mobile unlock sim card

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat