cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: Galaxsy S10 Data and MMS Problems ~ Software Update did NOT fox

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

This has been posted in various threads relating back to this issue, but I'll drop it here for reference.There has not been an official update released to address this issue but there is one in the works. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let everyone know. Thank you for your patience. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Roaming-or-...

Thanks Greg - have you guys looked into some serious service recovery credits or resolution for customers who have been dealing with this for the better part of a month now?

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

This has been posted in various threads relating back to this issue, but I'll drop it here for reference.There has not been an official update released to address this issue but there is one in the works. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let everyone know. Thank you for your patience. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Roaming-or-...

I actually went through both sprint and samsung to do the above steps at least twice now. When I asked for them to swap out the device, Samsung wanted to send me to a 3rd party repair to look at it. I kindly refuse because I know this would not solve my problem and I can't be without my phone for weeks at a time. 

Journeyman

Greg, respectfully.. Please understand everyone's frustration. I myself acquire a nice strong LTE signal according to bars but the data speeds are almost nil. This varies from time of day. Example in one location early I'll get almost 60mbps (very acceptable) in that same location but later in the day it's down to 2mbps. 

When you say one is in the works, us customers just really need a ballpark. The phones been out for 3 weeks with no fix in sight. 

Most of us don't want to get the fix right before the s11 comes out. We'd like it soon of course. 

None of us are getting credited on our accounts, at least I'm not, and many here such as myself have wasted hours upon precious hours talking to tech support with zero solution. 

Journeyman

Truest talk

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

If your "solution" doesn't work then how can you call it a solution?  By definition, it should solve the problem.

Journeyman

yes - what Savededa said times 10 billion.  I installed the software update that came out today and my connection to the network is still garbage.  My phone has been borderline useless for 2 weeks now.  I am paying for unlimited data that I cant use.  Account credits should be required.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too would like to know what kind of service credits will be issued for all of our trouble.

Journeyman

Yes account credit is required. I'm a full time doordash worker, this issue has cost me nothing less than a thousand and five dollars. We need credit on this.

GrandMaster

if any credits do get kicked out for this it wouldnt be until AFTER the problem is fixed...not before..

as is the agents in here have zero idea when the update will get pushed out..that is something WAY above their pay grade..once one IS ready they will get the info right after the Admins in here get the info..and not before.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well I just left Sprint.  I called them back and again they wanted to go through all the troubleshooting attempts again after I explained I have been through that multiple times.  I Judy wanted to swap out my phone.  He said I could after going through the trouble shooting techniques again.  Well he tried that ##number thing to reactivate my phone.  My phone didn't reactivate.  Tired of getting the run around so I switched to At&t. I'll mail back my brick to them.  Lost a valued customer Sprint because you were dishonest to me and wouldn't honor the exchange. Further compounded by the way you hid this issue to all of us.  Bye bye.

Journeyman

I just came back from sprint. They told me a new phome wont fix it. A samsung tech or whatever told me since im good freinds with her that she hasnt even activated her s10 because of this. They said its on samsung to fix it. Its something with the 5G thats in the non 5G phones or whatever. The tech went in my phome and disabled the 2 bands besides 41 and my phome seems to be ok for right now. Its not fast. But i can atleast use my spotify

Journeyman

I'll post my update here as directed.   

Backstory: I've had band 41 and only band 41 disabled for weeks and my s10+ has worked flawlessly.

Update:  Did grab the update today and while it did renable band 41, the problem still persists.   Disabled band 41 again and my data is back.  In my area it seems to prefer band 25 while 41 is disabled and I am seeing very nice up/down speeds also.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat