cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

GrandMaster

Re: Galaxsy S10 Data and MMS Problems ~ Software Update did NOT fox

the update yesterday/today was only the March security patch..nothing else.

with a larger issue like this the OEM tends to NOT combine a fix with any other updates shoved into it..to much of a risk of botching up yet something else or the two conflicting with each other.

for some of the others this isnt affecting all of the S10 line..you either have a device that has the issue or you are issue free. an exchange MIGHT work but you have about the same odds of just flipping a coin...50/50 of getting one that doesnt have the issue compared to works fine. the carrier doesnt get to make the decision on announcing a known issue until the OEM says so..this goes for ALL carriers..they must wait on the OEM to make that call.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's understandable, but every time I've spoke with Samsung tech support they have always affirmed that this is on sprint to fix because they aren't having an issue with their phones on "other networks".

I get the blame game here, but from what I gather it's sprint and only sprint where a lot are having these issues. 

My data is 50/50. Sometimes I get decent service, and then like a puff of smoke it goes to crap in the same exact location. Granted I suppose it could be way worse, but it could also be way better. 

Sprint points the finger at Samsung, and Samsung points it back at sprint, and at that rate we will never get a resolution and the only people losing time and patience are the customers.

I mean good business practice would be to do your damndest to figure out a fix asap, especially losing customers and lines left and right. And as a new customer porting over 3 lines it doesn't look good. 

Journeyman

I mean the iphone xs max has a similar issue on release and they couldnt even make phome calls. They fixed that in a few weeks. Whats taking samsung OR SPRINT. So long. Whats so hard or bad about coming out saying your ATLEAST aware of this issue and heck.. even if they said we have 1 guy looking at it to fix it. Atleast i know theres SOMEONE trying to fix it

Journeyman

Re: Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

If anyone is having trouble finding the temp fix or as I call it  bandaid fix, let me know. I have used the temp fix for a week and a half and still working fine. Though they really have to fix this  Sounds like it's now more than just sprint having issues now

Journeyman

Re: Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

@Philiprorrer wrote:

If anyone is having trouble finding the temp fix or as I call it  bandaid fix, let me know. I have used the temp fix for a week and a half and still working fine. Though they really have to fix this  Sounds like it's now more than just sprint having issues now

Why don't you just post what you did and let everyone decide on their own

Journeyman

Exactly....please post it

Journeyman

Exactly....please post what you did so everyone can use it to fix issue.
Journeyman

Problem is history has shown it will be removed everytime but I can certainly try  

Journeyman

Or block the phones from able to do it 

Journeyman

the temporary fix is posted everywhere: ##3282#, edit,MSL is 000000, LTE, band 41 uncheck it, exit out, restart phone. 

Journeyman

That's part of it however mine example is not 41 it's 25. Locations vary 

Journeyman

I am using an s10+ factory unlocked on the boost mobile network powered by sprint and been experiencing same issues... its a hell of a phone if it could just please keep the internet connection 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat