cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

550MB is not a security patch only.  Other global updates have mentioned camera and powershare improvements that likely were included.

Up until now I haven't had issues with my S10, but last night there were a couple of data drop outs and stuck on 3G in Milwaukee.  Had to airplane mode cycle a couple of times to get 4G back.

GrandMaster

i know the power share deal was one of the other things they were working on..but usually they would list out what additional things they were taking care of..especially if its one of their key things they are advertising...like the ability to charge another device with it.

with the band/LTE deal you guys are running into i have a feeling this will come across as a update on its own.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This  post is S10+ Sprint network specific.

The new software patch did not fix the data problem.  The only way to get data for my phone is to disable both Band 41 and Band 25.   Note:  The phone was not stable when Band 25 was ON.  

The S10+ download speed are about the same before and after the software patch (and they are around 6 - 8 Mbs).   The S10+ upload speed drop by 50% (Was 6 Mbps, IS 3 Mbps).   Note:  The tests were run at the exact same spot at around the same time frame (for apple to apple comparison).

The software patch did not resolve the data problem.  For my situation, the software patch make the phone's data upload performance on Band 26 worst.   We are heading to the wrong direction. 

If Samsung tried hard with no luck, I think it's about time for Sprint to do something to fix the network.  

My recommendation to people with the same problem:  Stop messing with your phone by doing all the reset (input from some sprint "Experts").  You will waste a lot of time, unless you have nothing to do.   Call Sprint to issue tickets if you really want a fix for "the S10 community".   

Journeyman

Asurion chat finally agreed to replace my phone. They said it would probably be new. I hope it works 🤞

Journeyman

Anyone purchased their phone directly from Samsung successfully got them to replace the phone?

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same issue like you. Disabling 41 and 25 makes LTE work much stable, although I didn't see any changes after installing the patch last night. I think your speed drop was not related to the patch. Just curious what state and city do you live in?
Journeyman

SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S10 - Roaming or Poor Data

How do I file a complaint regarding my poor data connection? I've contacted sprint support 3 times and they cannot tell me when I can expect a fix. This is a known issue. It should have been resolved. My next step is to  contact the better business bureau. We pre-ordered/bought these phones because they were supposed to have excellent data connectivity, we can barely use data when we are off Wi-Fi. It is very frustrating to have to pay for a service we can barely use. 

Journeyman

I am in San Francisco Bay Area, or Silicon Valley.   

I did not think Sprint Service was that poor in the area.   I found out the hard way. 

Journeyman

And I am from Sacramento so it makes sense that you have same issue as I do. I swapped from Verizon to Sprint. Verizon's coverage is good on paper. I had locations in Sacramento where signal was so bad I couldn't make a call. Sprint' scoverage seems better, I have minimum 3 bars everywhere I go but most of time I have 5 bars. All good except the LTE issue which I can work around by disabling Band 41 and 25. I always have LTE so I am fine. At least I don't have to pay Verizon two times more for same or even worse service. I believe Sprint will work things out and fix everything, we just need to be patient.

Journeyman

I just talk to Sprint about this AGAIN. They said a new firmware upgrade was release today to address this issue. I have not gotten any update, she said for me to bring it into a sprint store and they can do the update for me there manually.

Can anyone confirm or deny this information? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just called my sprint store. There is no firmware update that the manager is aware of
Journeyman

It seems there is. When I saw you message I went to software update and clicked on update profile. Dam my LTE came up and working like jet. Crossing fingers to see if its fixed permanently.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat