cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

Well... i just updated profile and all ny bands are on and im getting connection. Hope it stays!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Sounding like Sprint is using the update yesterday as a cop out and there's no change so pretty much everyone who preordered or got their phone the first week after will have to exchange it.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah problem is my phone shows I have LTE. If I go to a sprint store no doubt I'll have good lte with a magic box in the back room. I have one in my house and it's good. 

When I'm out and about though LTE will still show strong except data is like nothing 1mbps. I mean we are talking NYC and outer boroughs here. 

A sprint rep will look at me like I'm crazy since it doesn't show I'm Roaming all the time... 

Journeyman

@seawolfposted an excellent post about what to do. It seems to cover what you can try to do to get your phone to work.

There is a lot of CYA (cover your @$$) verbiage though.

"Small number of reports"
"Should prevent the issue"

It does state;

•If the device just stays in permanent Voice and/or Data loss, updating the software will not help. There is no troubleshooting workaround to fix this. •If you have a device that is in permanent Voice/Data loss, you will need to exchange the device per normal policies.

•For users who exchange devices, please check to be sure that the new handset is updated to the most recent Software (ASC8) and data is working prior to leaving the store.
•If the troubleshooting efforts result in the device being able to acquire and maintaining LTE then it does not need to be exchanged

I have downloaded the update with my 'new' replacement phone and still have no issues. All bands are working. I'm in San Diego.

Journeyman

How do we get the update?  The page says "download" but how?

There's also another system update pinned in this board and it says it's OTA but it hasn't come through on my phone.  A phone rep said I have the latest (Feb 1) and wasn't aware of the one posted here.

Journeyman

Uhh yea i kinda would like that update also lol

Journeyman

Go into settings and search for software update, when you get there hit download and install. 

Journeyman

Goto settings and system updates
Journeyman

Not all phones are seeing this update yet

Journeyman

@Savededa wrote:

Go into settings and search for software update, when you get there hit download and install. 

Like I said, nothing's showing up there.  The only update I got was when I first set up my phone, and it's dated Feb 1, 2019.

Journeyman

Oh that one. I though yall were saying theres another on this site lol

Journeyman

Well, this is new ... Screenshot_20190328-212738_Software update.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat