cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

How do I get a replacement phone per "normal policies" as mentioned in the latest article? I've done everything including 2 factory resets today and it alternates between 1-4 bars LTE, roaming, and no bars of service. Disabling roaming helps but is unacceptable. My phone was a pre-order that finally arrived 3/19 and I've been holding out hope for a fix

Journeyman

I don't have it yet either. Was just on chat for an hour with sprint. This lady tells me they are still rolling the security patch out. She also told me that there would be another update within the next week to fix our data problems.
Journeyman

Sprint tech called me while I was at work today about my ticket. Wants to do more troubleshooting. Thankfully I didn't get stuck on a supervisor call at work and made it home in time to get a spot in the call queue before they shut it down at 10pm eastern. Currently 43minutes in listening to elevator music insisting on waiting for someone to pick up. I work in a call center and hate when people do this at the end of night. Sorry, not sorry. You wanna go home? Send me an email telling me to go change my device out. I'll drive the 2 hours to the nearest corporate store (from what I can tell) on Saturday. 

Oh this is bologna! As soon as 10:15 hit I get the sprint robot lady telling me their office is closed and call back during business hours. **bleep**? I did call during business hours.. your reps should stay till the calls queue is cleared out. Do I have to take more time off work to handle this problem? My husband's idea of switching to Verizon is looking better and better. 

Journeyman

Quick update - so last night even with the update I was getting 1.8 Mbps. I went into a Sprint store todau and tested my s10+ next to a LG and that thing was getting 50+ Mbps. Mine only got to 1.8 Mbps.

I told the representative that Sprint had sent me to get a Sim Card swap.

I'm back home and my speeds are back to 40-50 Mbps. I do have band 41, 26 and 25 turned on.

Screenshot_20190328-200029_Speedtest.jpg

Journeyman

What is your upload speed?
Journeyman

@l8wish wrote:

Quick update - so last night even with the update I was getting 1.8 Mbps. I went into a Sprint store todau and tested my s10+ next to a LG and that thing was getting 50+ Mbps. Mine only got to 1.8 Mbps.

I told the representative that Sprint had sent me to get a Sim Card swap.

I'm back home and my speeds are back to 40-50 Mbps. I do have band 41, 26 and 25 turned on.

Screenshot_20190328-200029_Speedtest.jpg

Please report back tomorrow. The 3rd day after I got my phone, I had my sim swapped in store, I too was getting well over 50mbps. Hours later I'm back to getting nothing. 

Journeyman

Screenshot_20190329-003744_Speedtest.jpg

Journeyman

Will do.
Highlighted
Journeyman

They say to swap out the device after all options are tried. Well since I got my device at Best Buy and it was out of it's return window and it's a lease Sprint wouldn't allow them to swap the phone out without charging me for breaking the lease, way to go Sprint. They swapped it out for me anyway since I told them i was planning on buying out the phone anyway. But the Sprint rep they called had no idea about this issue.

GrandMaster

this is the write up mentioned earlier.

if your phone is up to the update that its showing in here (you will need to go in and check through your settings to locate this) then it gives you the steps needed after that if there continues to be a problem..this also means making sure to turn on whichever bands you may have originally turned off..

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model/ta...

@basseyfish wrote:

Uhh yea i kinda would like that update also lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ASC8 IS the update.

@kimmelchemy wrote:

Sprint tech called me while I was at work today about my ticket. Wants to do more troubleshooting. Thankfully I didn't get stuck on a supervisor call at work and made it home in time to get a spot in the call queue before they shut it down at 10pm eastern. Currently 43minutes in listening to elevator music insisting on waiting for someone to pick up. I work in a call center and hate when people do this at the end of night. Sorry, not sorry. You wanna go home? Send me an email telling me to go change my device out. I'll drive the 2 hours to the nearest corporate store (from what I can tell) on Saturday. 

Oh this is bologna! As soon as 10:15 hit I get the sprint robot lady telling me their office is closed and call back during business hours. **bleep**? I did call during business hours.. your reps should stay till the calls queue is cleared out. Do I have to take more time off work to handle this problem? My husband's idea of switching to Verizon is looking better and better. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

And done no good

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat