cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

I hope fix comes soon... 

GrandMaster

if you changed the bands back to normal (if you originally turned off any of them) and its still not working then its recommended to take it into the nearest Sprint repair store so they can run it through their gauntlet of troubleshooting..once those show to not work (doesnt matter if you did them..they must also confirm that they in fact didnt work) they can then work on getting you a replacement device...they must go through that gauntlet though in order to get to that point.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

click the link above.

@mromanic35 wrote:

I hope fix comes soon... 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

click the link above.

For what?  There's nothing there to download.

GrandMaster

so which update is your phone currently on?

Journeyman

In the software update section, I have one dated Feb 1, 2019.  So nothing showing up OTA as of yet.

Journeyman

I'm with you about going to the nearest store but sounds like many here like me is hour or more away and that shouldn't be the case especially how much we are paying. I mean I can assume Sprint will expect us to pay our monthly bill even though we can't even use it
Journeyman

Did you get your phone unlocked from Samsung?  I did.  I just had a guy from Sprint and a guy from Samsung on chat at the same time.  What I learned is that the update for Sprint branded phones comes from Sprint and unlocked phones comes from Samsung.  The Samsung guy acted like there was no update until I got upset, then, magically, he found out the update for unlocked phone started pushing out yesterday.  

Journeyman

@Philiprorrer wrote:
I'm with you about going to the nearest store but sounds like many here like me is hour or more away and that shouldn't be the case especially how much we are paying. I mean I can assume Sprint will expect us to pay our monthly bill even though we can't even use it

I spoke with a Sprint rep on the phone this morning, and was told that they won't be able to do anything about this issue in the store.  

She did offer a possible (temporary?) fix, where you turn on Airplane mode, turn off the phone, turn it on again, and then turn off Airplane mode.  I haven't tested it yet though.

GrandMaster

your phone was purchased directly from Samsung? and still had the same issues correct?

and that Samsung guy was a tad bit misleading with his info..each phones update comes fro mthe OEM...only difference is what they put into it..if its a carrier branded device they take the update that gets pushed to the non carrier variants and add in the stuff needed for that specific carrier..then once they get the clear its released across that carriers network.. been like this since day one of smart phones and has not changed. the update for the Sprint variants came out yesterday...actually i think it was the day before..the 27th...which if that didnt fix your issue then they have a info blog on the next steps needed.

@mbbuckland wrote:

Did you get your phone unlocked from Samsung?  I did.  I just had a guy from Sprint and a guy from Samsung on chat at the same time.  What I learned is that the update for Sprint branded phones comes from Sprint and unlocked phones comes from Samsung.  The Samsung guy acted like there was no update until I got upset, then, magically, he found out the update for unlocked phone started pushing out yesterday.  

Journeyman

Yes, I bought directly from Samsung, and the data connection is pretty much non-existent.

I'm not sure if the update will fix the connectivity issues. I haven't received it yet. 

Journeyman

This is ridiculous, i've had my phone for nearly a month and I cant connect to interenet properly... in 2019! on the all new and shiny s10+ nonetheless!

just absolutely ridiculous!

still on the February 1 patch, no new update yet

Unlocked from samsung on sprint joke network

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat