cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

@maven wrote:

@Philiprorrer wrote:
I'm with you about going to the nearest store but sounds like many here like me is hour or more away and that shouldn't be the case especially how much we are paying. I mean I can assume Sprint will expect us to pay our monthly bill even though we can't even use it

I spoke with a Sprint rep on the phone this morning, and was told that they won't be able to do anything about this issue in the store.  

She did offer a possible (temporary?) fix, where you turn on Airplane mode, turn off the phone, turn it on again, and then turn off Airplane mode.  I haven't tested it yet though.

That's like saying, "hold your right hand in the air, turn around 3 times then sit back down.  When it doesn't work and you will call back you will get someone else and they won't have to deal with you".  They are grasping for straws and just want to get you off the phone.  Sorry....

Journeyman

Lol. So true. I did that before I knew about disabiling the bands, turning on airplane mode and back off. That worked for about 3 minutes. Far as turning band off, it works great while I'm in a 2 mile radius around home but soon as I leave that 2 mile mark, nothing
GrandMaster

the update you will be receiving is the same one that is in the thread title here that started to be pushed out on the 27thish..keep in mind that they dont blast out a update to every phone out there at once..they go in waves (cant remember if it was by serial number or a different number grouping they all used to do this)..so it can take a few days for it to even make it to your device..the Sprint versions are already receiving the update.

the funny part people keep missing is the fact that for example in your scenario..your phone has zero carrier branding..yet is also running into this..everyone was quick to point fingers at the carrier but nothing changed on their side..its how that phone is attempting to read the network...or at least some of their bands of LTE...which is on Samsungs side to set them up to work on certain networks...but it only affected certain devices (both carrier free AND Sprints versions). nothing really jumps out to say this one will or wont have the issue..its some subtle difference in them (could be a certain batching numbers)

mind going into your phones settings-about phone-software and posting which software update its on?

if you receive the update and it still does not fix it then per the blog it'll need to be changed out..sucky but in your case you'll need to contact Samsung on that one.

@mbbuckland wrote:

Yes, I bought directly from Samsung, and the data connection is pretty much non-existent.

I'm not sure if the update will fix the connectivity issues. I haven't received it yet. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint unfortunately I think has no idea what the real problem is.  They said the software update should fix it and I've seen no one on here or Reddit say it has helped, in fact in some cases, it has made the problem worse!

GrandMaster

@l8wish 

hows it still running after the update and switching all the bands back on?

@JR53221 wrote:

Sprint unfortunately I think has no idea what the real problem is.  They said the software update should fix it and I've seen no one on here or Reddit say it has helped, in fact in some cases, it has made the problem worse!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just an update on my end. Just spoke with the Asurion employee (techs for sprint in their stores) and he actually was straight forward and knowledgeable  I asked him is it possibly fact that S10s are made aimed for 5G  He laughed and said that's exactly the whole issue. He said Samsung made 2 versions of S10, 1 version more or less for 4GLTE with 5G capabilities (pre-orders, first batch sold) and the other version (newer ones) made aimed more towards 5G not 4GLTE. The newer ones are not having the problems  He said call Samsung (followed by, please don't think I'm pawing your call to them) and see if there is any new news. He said he suggested keep calling them because they will know about the fix coming before and cell carriers. All carriers are having problems so makes sense.

It also makes sense why Samsung offering free ear buds  almost like they knew it was coming 🤔

Journeyman

I am just hoping to get 4G LTE working on my phone because that is what we signed up for.  My phone is one of those older ones that has problems.   Also, I did not get the "free ear buds" because it was sold out.   

From the previous post, it sounded like Sprint knew about the Samsung phone (S10) problem,  but they did not tell us.   It's just unethical business practice

Journeyman

RE: Asurion employee.  Really?  Samsung is making a specific 5G version with an added chipset in a couple of months.  A 5G revision isn't the case.  Completely different model.

And on top of that..  the free ear buds were announced the day of the S10 announcement as a pre-order bonus, not an apology.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unethical would be announcing someone elses mess up before said someone can announce it.

carriers do not get to make these decisions..they like any of the other carriers must wait until the manufacturer says there is a known issue..apple would be the worst when it comes to stuff like this..you announce something before they give the ok and you are looking at a serious backlash.

@newbie_sprint wrote:

I am just hoping to get 4G LTE working on my phone because that is what we signed up for.  My phone is one of those older ones that has problems.   Also, I did not get the "free ear buds" because it was sold out.   

From the previous post, it sounded like Sprint knew about the Samsung phone (S10) problem,  but they did not tell us.   It's just unethical business practice

Journeyman

Insert sad face here SmartSelect_20190329-182456_Speedtest.jpg

Question if I get any LTE granted this is with turning off 41/25 bands otherwise no data at all

At some point in time update will come and make everything run fast again ?

If I had no data at all then phone is paperweight and it needs to be rma?

I opened ticket with Sprint regarding this but as someone said here.. you talk with one person and then they promise to call you and they don't... You call again get completely other who's not familiar with issue they read notes and escalate ticket with no ETR... 

I'm just hoping some fix is in order whoever fixes it wether Samsung or Sprint..

Oh and new update didn't resolve issue for me...

I just wanted to vent a little it helps 😔

Journeyman

After 15 years with Sprint I think this Issue and the way Sprint has handled it is going to be the last straw for me! 17 DAYS!!! I've been paying for a service and lease on a cellphone I cant use. I've Called Sprint at least 9 TIMES!! 4 times Today Alone!! why 4 times today? you may ask, The first time I called today was because after driving to the Sprint store this morning (because I was told to after the 3/27 patch did nothing) they told me to contact Samsung who did 0 to help me and sent me back to the sprint tech line who sent me once again to Samsung who strait up told me it was a Sprint issue call Sprint again, so of course I called sprint a second time and the tech guy told me to try restarting the phone in airplane mode (as if I'm not practically in airplane mode now!!) and he would call me back on a different line to see if that worked (spoiler alert it didn't)  but no worries after 15mins he didn't call me back anyway, So I called the 3rd time and was forwarded to a higher tier tech person Who was surprised that both the Sprint store and Samsung didn't offer to exchange my phone and told me to drive out for a second time to the sprint store and tell them to exchange it for another model. so after my second trip to Sprint I was told (by the same tech guy that couldn't help me 6 hours earlier) that he cant exchange the phone because I've had it too long I am now on the phone with a sprint person for the 4th time as I type this and he's having me go through the THE SAME RESETS I'VE BEEN DOING FOR 17 DAYS!!!!!   Sprint Really needs to Document their troubleshooting, get your people on the same page!  

Journeyman

@mromanic35 wrote:

Insert sad face here SmartSelect_20190329-182456_Speedtest.jpg

Question if I get any LTE granted this is with turning off 41/25 bands otherwise no data at all

At some point in time update will come and make everything run fast again ?

If I had no data at all then phone is paperweight and it needs to be rma?

I opened ticket with Sprint regarding this but as someone said here.. you talk with one person and then they promise to call you and they don't... You call again get completely other who's not familiar with issue they read notes and escalate ticket with no ETR... 

I'm just hoping some fix is in order whoever fixes it wether Samsung or Sprint..

Oh and new update didn't resolve issue for me...

I just wanted to vent a little it helps 😔

I live/work just south of Harrisburg, PA and have to turn off 25/41 to get any data. Phone gets super hot and battery drains terrible if I keep my data on to long though. So I've had to download any podcasts or Netflix stuff in the morning before I leave for work and turn my data off for most of the day.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat