cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

Actually to your point the reason you can see the issue on locked and unlocked is because the CSC.

This CSC controls what bands are enabled on the FW, what icons are used, what features are on and off.

For example you can take CSC from an branded phone, flash to a unlocked phone and have no bloat and now have all the extra features Sprint has failed to request sammy to enable. RCS will work in the native msg app (it's not the app or firmware that control, the CSC does). VoLTE on unlocked phones that don't support when locked does etc.

The downfall is it also disables things like the free Caller ID (cause sprint wants to charge for that).

The CSC is rarely ever updated on devices. I've seen it be the same for 12 months on flagship devices with 10 other firmware updates.

It's possible the issue lies with changes to this. It's also possible the issue is a firmware incompatibility between the modem and Sprint towers. For example Magic Boxes in some areas with certain towers had incompatibility issues that required a different firmware.

The odd thing is why someone can have the issue, swap the device and be fixed. Others that doesn't fix on. It's so unpredictable, which makes it hard to find/fix too.

I'm on phone 2 and it's worse than phone 1 was. Debating to bother trying for phone 3. Can't get any worse at this point but hate to waste time. Especially if the bug is found and fixed and indeed 0 HW impact/difference exist.

I don't want them to work around the bug and these phones with the issue become gimped somehow without us knowing it though.

Journeyman

I woke up this morning and my S10+ was working perfectly!

April fools'

Journeyman

My LTE is hit or miss. more like it works when it wants one minute, as slow as 3g, then it works fine for a few mins, then it doesnt work at all. Ive updated the PRL, the profile, the network, set connections to lte/cdma from automatic. turned off roaming. reset. shut the phone off for 10 mins, turned band 26 and 41 off. nothing has worked. this is complete rubbish. the S10 plus only works on my wifi, and thank god that works. But the whole purpose of a smart phone is wireless lte. I basically have tablet that needs wifi to work. My wife has the same phone. we got them the same day and hers is fine. What is the issue here. Iv'e been to sprint on the 23rd. they said samsung had a patch comming out to fix it. From what i here it is a sprint network issue. What ever the issue, it needs to be fixed. Im sure lawsuits will come up for this issue. I just want my phone to work. Should have kept my S9 plus and didnt do the galaxy forever upgrade.

GrandMaster

im still a firm believer its a certain batch of these phones that have the issues. figure when they are being made they all start off unlocked pure Samsung devices. i havent went over to check myself but i keep hearing this is also happening on other carriers with these phones..main reason i keep pointing more at a wonky batch of these kicking out compared to any other possibilities.

only thing is they would need to figure out at what point of the devices kicking through did they end up with this issue and at what point did it no longer happen..then they would have at least a decent guess as to which serial number it started at roughly and ended at. this is also why there is a 50/50 chance you will get a working one if you get to swap them out..

this is something none of us will ever get to know.

@BryanX wrote:

Actually to your point the reason you can see the issue on locked and unlocked is because the CSC.

This CSC controls what bands are enabled on the FW, what icons are used, what features are on and off.

For example you can take CSC from an branded phone, flash to a unlocked phone and have no bloat and now have all the extra features Sprint has failed to request sammy to enable. RCS will work in the native msg app (it's not the app or firmware that control, the CSC does). VoLTE on unlocked phones that don't support when locked does etc.

The downfall is it also disables things like the free Caller ID (cause sprint wants to charge for that).

The CSC is rarely ever updated on devices. I've seen it be the same for 12 months on flagship devices with 10 other firmware updates.

It's possible the issue lies with changes to this. It's also possible the issue is a firmware incompatibility between the modem and Sprint towers. For example Magic Boxes in some areas with certain towers had incompatibility issues that required a different firmware.

The odd thing is why someone can have the issue, swap the device and be fixed. Others that doesn't fix on. It's so unpredictable, which makes it hard to find/fix too.

I'm on phone 2 and it's worse than phone 1 was. Debating to bother trying for phone 3. Can't get any worse at this point but hate to waste time. Especially if the bug is found and fixed and indeed 0 HW impact/difference exist.

I don't want them to work around the bug and these phones with the issue become gimped somehow without us knowing it though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

it isnt the network..if it were your wifes wouldnt be working either..or any other phone on their network for that matter.

its something to do with how the phone is trying to read the network and use it.

@Scardybear08 wrote:

My wife has the same phone. we got them the same day and hers is fine. What is the issue here. Iv'e been to sprint on the 23rd. they said samsung had a patch comming out to fix it. From what i here it is a sprint network issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

im just going off older posts. its just so frustrating.

GrandMaster

technically the update mentioned in the title here is the one that was pushed out to fix this..

there was also a write up about it and IF it didnt work the next steps needed.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model/ta...

Journeyman

when i do a speed test, and when it does happen to grab a tower, it gets .46 Mbps with lte. just a second ago i got 1.92 Mbps. just now i got 3.31 Mbps. here shorlty it will fall on its face and ill have no internet for 20 mins (guestimation). This also bleeds to text messages. They take forever to send, sometimes failing to send. Pictures and GIF are pretty much out of the question. And this is even on WIFI at 100-116 Mbps. They pics still wont send.

Journeyman

Pictures and texts send on the network only, not wifi unless using RCS. My LTE data varies from one minute to the next though as well. 

Journeyman

OK, i was using speedtest. i closed the app. then opened it up and now i cant finder a server, im wondering if i leave it runnings in the background that will stay locked to a server and help my interent connection. As soon as i grab a server here ill leave it running and check with a status update after a while

Journeyman

My LTE works perfectly fine in certain spots and for certain lengths of time. Then 10 minutes later nothing. So it isn't the network, it's definitely the phones themselves and how they switch bands etc. The only explanation is that some phones are just screwed up and others don't have the same problem. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Due to an unfortunate slip of an Admin's finger, this thread was accidentally merged with a much larger, older, and unfortunately unrelated thread.  We cannot unmerge topics once merged in this way and maintaining it with the two discussions going on will likely prove to be frustrating for all involved.

I am going to lock this discussion and have created you all a new thread here: Perma Roaming - The Sequel. My apologies for the mishap.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat