cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Admin update: Please see this thread for the ongoing discussion Perma Roaming - The Sequel 

As the description says I am experiencing a 'no network connection' issue. I got my Samsung S10+ Black 128gb on Wednesday 3/6 and it worked flawlessly. That is...until yesterday Monday 3/11. It now just gets stuck on roaming ad even with data roaming on I get ZERO data regardless of where I am.

I can make phone calls and get basic (non MMS) texts. But that's it.

My LG V20 works great and had no service issues when it was my primary phone.

I spoke with Sprint technical support and they had me do the whole ##72786# thing twice and that did nothing.

I've done several PRL update and System update requests. But since I have no connection to mobile data, they fail.

I am going to try a hard reset tonight and refuse the update and see how that goes. I need to remove all my media first.

Sprint claims they escalated this to their 'network team' and they will contact me by the end of the day. We will see.

This guy has the same issue I am having. https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-LTE-ESM-X-EMM-13-APN-X-ISPSN-ISSUE-AFTER/...

335 REPLIES 335
Journeyman

Unlock sim

Hi,

This is for a Samsung S7 Edge that I bought from Sprint, and tried to get unlocked.
I called up Sprint customer care  and they said they unlocked my phone., but after I put in another sim card from T-mobile, I get an "Invalid SIM Card" error.

After reading some replies, I also checked the UICC Unlock option and it says - "You can currently only use your service provider UICC with device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider."
Not sure what to do.

I will really appreciate if you could please help me with this.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unlock sim

@Genci, This error displays on iPhones and when an iPhone doesn't work even we show it's unlocked, is because the unlock signal hasn't relayed to the device. Did you try connecting the Phone to a PC and resetting it after we confirmed is unlocked?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have Samsung s7 edge not Iphone, please read my post above.

thanks

Sprint Social Care

@Genci, my mistake. I confused this with another discussion. To confirm, did you activate the S7 and is it still active? If so, you need to have the Sprint SIM card into the phone and perform an update data profile with Wi-Fi or Sprint data. Did you try that? If not, here's are the steps:

1. Press the Home key then Apps > Settings.
2.Tap System Update.
3.In System Updates, tap Update Profile.
4.Displays: Update Profile - The network is preparing your services. Please wait.
5.Once complete, the Profile has been updated.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos S7 edge is still active with Sprint and I am currently using it with sprint. I did try yesterday to Update Profile and than I put different SIM, but it didn't work. Also i perform Factory reset. i keep receiving  (''SIM CARD INVALID'') I call sprint Today and they told me that request was successfully and phone is unlocked domestic and internationally use. 

So do I have again to update the profile and try again? 

Sprint Social Care

@Genci, for most androids after the phone has restarted, you need to go to Settings > System Updates and click the followings with Sprint SIM into the phone:

•Update PRL
•Update Profile
•UICC Unlock

When that doesn't work, we can create a request to resend the unlock. I sent you a PM to do so, please reply.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carlos So when I do this procedure the phone should have Sprint SIM inside right? I will gave a try and let you know later today. I have to go to work.

Thank you for your help. I will let you know ASAP. 

Sprint Social Care

@Genci. Yes, you need to do this with the Sprint SIM card into the S7 edge. We'll await your response.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for your Help Carlos, I was able to Unlocked by following your Instructions. 

thanks

Sprint Social Care

Great Genci! We're glad to know that you were able to have your device unlocked.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Hello @Sprint_Ciara, can you please send me the same instructions?  I'm in similar boat as @Genci.  Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat