cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Journeyman

Re: S10+ G975USQU1ASC8 update 3/27

Okay I went a different route yesterday, I called support but instead of going to technical support I went to billing. When I spoke to the billing people I asked them that after 18 days of paying for a service I'm not getting when I should just give up and go elsewhere? the person on the line with me asked if I had an S10, and told me he had good news for me. Long story short they found a way to wave the 14 day rule and I was able to go to my store and get a new phone. I made sure it was updated to the latest software version and tested it at the store and so far so good! So hopefully this nightmare is over!!

Journeyman

Galaxy s10+

Am I the only one that still has issues with this new phone.  If updated new software and still spend 60% the time roaming and loading.  Even though it shows me I have full signal.  It really pisses me off like sprint acts like it's a little issue, everyone I know has this issue.  Sprint will still want 100% of the price for a phone that works 60% of the time.  

Journeyman

Not sure how it happened but all the sudden my s10+ showed that I was eligible for an upgrade. I went to a RadioShack-Sprint store and upgraded from the White version to the Blue one. This one seems to have a better connection speeds. I still think my s9 was getting better speeds. 

Journeyman

I spent almost 3 hours chatting with multiple reps with no resolution, I have 1 month left with my contract and I kindly requested that they release me from my contract and I would pay any remaining balance but they wouldn't. I will call tomorrow and get myself far away from sprint. After almost 14 years I think I'm done, it seems every other year I spend a great deal of time with them trying to fix something, billing, unlocking etc... I think I'm done. 

Re: Galaxy s10+

Hi Drew. Please refer to the following thread concerning this issue and let us know if you have any additional questions we can address.

SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S10/10+ Model

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Wizard

Howdy Vbcarr. Sounds like you've had an exciting months. LOL I'd like to take a deeper look into your s10 issue. I sent you a PM to gather a smidge more info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Re: Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

So I had this issue on my S10. Went and had it exchanged few days ago. The new S10 is actually even worse and I regret the exchange now 😕

The SN on the replacement is much higher vs. my pre-order one. The only thing the exchange seems to have fixed is the annoying WiFi calling location bug but factory resetting could have fixed that too who knows.

But I can't keep LTE and I can't even keep regular signal half the time.

I don't understand how some people get exchanges and it's perfect and I went and did and got worse somehow.

I'm questioning it being a HW bug though due to soo many people and now other models seeing it after updates BUT why does swapping devices seem to fix it for some people when new sims/re-activations etc. doesn't seem to do anything for everyone else?

This is such a strange bug but now having it even worse I don't know if I should go and try to fight the store to try a 3rd phone...

Half the time if I try to make a call I get a fast busy or the phone just stays connecting.

Wizard

Re: Update 3/25/19: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN - Perma Roaming

Howdy BryanX. I hate to see someone not be able to use their device. I'd like to take a deeper look into this. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

You Sprint reps have alot of work on your hands if your going to go through this whole thread of people. I am on my second S10 Plus and the second on is in worse shape then the first. Something needs to be done about this and it would be really nice to hear why my phone is a paper weight.

Journeyman

Well I'm somewhat happy (sorry!!) to hear I'm not the only one where the replacement is WORSE at least.

I figured this black cloud was following only me lol.

I wish the sprint store was closer. 1hr drive on a MAYBE fix IF they will even do a 3rd phone is no joy but this whole resetting, redoing provisioning etc. obviously doens't work. I get normally it's basic troubleshooting and fixes other issues but it appears obvious it hasn't fixed these issues.

I was reading other model (older ones) are seeing this issue on latest updates too.. I just really hope the HW on the S10 signal wise isn't worse. Sprint already has the weaker signal out of most providers so would be a bummer to get worse.

GrandMaster

here is the funny part of this..well not so funny funny part..

the update pushed to the unlocked versions isnt quite the same as the one sent to the carrier versions..the carrier version is the original one kicked out to the unlocked non carrier versions with added in carrier stuff by the OEM. so you would think the added carrier stuff added would have been the culprit..but it isnt.

seriously weird.

@CEOsMIND wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

your phone was purchased directly from Samsung? and still had the same issues correct?

and that Samsung guy was a tad bit misleading with his info..each phones update comes fro mthe OEM...only difference is what they put into it..if its a carrier branded device they take the update that gets pushed to the non carrier variants and add in the stuff needed for that specific carrier..then once they get the clear its released across that carriers network.. been like this since day one of smart phones and has not changed. the update for the Sprint variants came out yesterday...actually i think it was the day before..the 27th...which if that didnt fix your issue then they have a info blog on the next steps needed.

@mbbuckland wrote:

Did you get your phone unlocked from Samsung?  I did.  I just had a guy from Sprint and a guy from Samsung on chat at the same time.  What I learned is that the update for Sprint branded phones comes from Sprint and unlocked phones comes from Samsung.  The Samsung guy acted like there was no update until I got upset, then, magically, he found out the update for unlocked phone started pushing out yesterday.  

Samsung (for unlocked) halted the update for a couple of days (they caught something that needed to be corrected) and just started rolling it out again yesterday.  According to SamMobile.  I guess the carrier's version was fine to continue with the rollout.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just got a text to call in to Sprint ticket support and after waiting about 30 minutes talked to a tech that basically said they have no clue. They're waiting on another update since the first one didn't work  Told me I could go to a corporate store to see about swapping devices, but like others have already said it isn't a guaranteed fix. I told him it would be really hard to pay for a month of service where I only got a fraction of the service I normally do. This whole thing is just crazy, we shouldn't still be having problems like this in 2019. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat