cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE Galaxy Smart watch?

Highlighted
Journeyman

VOLTE Galaxy Smart watch?

When are we going to be able to make and receive calls on the galaxy smart watch.  It's point less to keep paying for service if all I can do is text on it. I can do that from my phone.  I had to cancel my service for watch.  Not going to pay for another line and not be able to use as a standalone.  Come up with a solution already please. 

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: VOLTE Galaxy Smart watch?

MikeyDD - I see your point. Which Galaxy watch do you have?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the samsung galaxy watch 46mm. 

Sprint Social Care

MikeyDD - I love that watch! You are right, 4G LTE standalone voice capability is soon to come. There is no date set, but we are working to make that service available. For the time being, Bluetooth Voice Capabilities are available when the watch is within proximity of the primary Samsung phone. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That's interesting.  I wanted to get a Galaxy Smart Watch for my husband for our Anniversary so we went shopping in October, however Sprint no longer has them available.  We do not want the Active2.

I had read that some people said it wasn't working without the phone nearby.  I called a local Sprint store and I was told that it would only work if we had the newest Galaxy phone (we are using 9+) due to how Sprint's network worked.

Then we went in to our local store, I had called the wrong one, not our usual store.  At the local/usual store I was told by 2 employees, one of whom uses the watch - but had supposedly forgotten it that day, and the manager, that the employee who told me we had to upgrade our phones was incorrect. The one employee swore he used his all the time with his phone at home...

I was assured by all 3, repeatedly, that the watch would work just fine if we left our phones at home.  So we started the process to get the Galaxy Smart Watch, only to have it stopped because there are none available at all.

So what is the issue here? Is it unavailable still?  Seems to be as it's no longer even on the website.  When is it returning?  When it returns will we be able to use it without carrying our phones with us?  Because that is the point.

Journeyman

I Just canceledmy watch plan because sprint is saying that only the galaxy active watch cab run solo on there plans. They are selling watch plans that can't use voice over LTE. They been promising the galaxy watch for awhile.  They are telling me to keep the plan because they are planning to set up it by three end of year.  Lying they have no plans at all to get galaxy watch under there plan. Only the galaxy watch active 2

Journeyman

Interesting because they swore that the employee that forgot his watch that day used it all the time with his watch at home. 

They said we had to set it up in the wearable app and that it would then forward the calls to the watch from the phone left at home.

There was an entire conversation on that as my husband is a Realtor and didn't want his client's dealing with additional numbers but they stated that the calls would forward to the watch's number and the clients wouldn't have to deal with a  secondary number to reach him.

If that's not true than it's false advertising to make a sale at the least, if not outright fraud.

Since the Galaxy Watch was no longer available they seemed to think it meant the Galaxy 2 was coming and it had been pulled waiting for that. However if we actually can not use the watch with our phones at home there is little point in getting them.

Journeyman

I switched from att you sprint cause of the promise of using my galaxy watch as a standalone.  Took me 3 hrs to get it activated you find out I can't make phone calls on my watch without being connected to my phone.  I am not happy from being lied to. 

Journeyman

but if it has to be connected to your phone doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of having the LTE version? I have the same watch and have been getting told for a year that the update is coming soon. A straight answer would be nice.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat