Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voice Mail Transfer

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual Voice Mail Transfer

I upgraded my phone yesterday from S9+ to the S20+ everything transfered except my Visual Voice-mail messages. I have not wiped my S9+, they are still there. Can I move them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Visual Voice Mail Transfer

Hi! Yes you can. If there's an external SD Card in the old device (S9+) then you can transfer them to it if it's not already there. Then you can remove the SD Card & place it into the new device (S20+). Please see steps below: 

1. Use either the built-in file browser (available on some phones) or download a file manager app from the Android Market.
  2. Browse to the internal SD card folder /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard and select the smvvm folder.
  3. Copy the smvvm folder (instructions vary depending on which file manager is being used) to the external sd card folder (usually a link/subdirectory within the /mnt/sdcard location).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Visual Voice Mail Transfer

Hi! Yes you can. If there's an external SD Card in the old device (S9+) then you can transfer them to it if it's not already there. Then you can remove the SD Card & place it into the new device (S20+). Please see steps below: 

1. Use either the built-in file browser (available on some phones) or download a file manager app from the Android Market.
  2. Browse to the internal SD card folder /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard and select the smvvm folder.
  3. Copy the smvvm folder (instructions vary depending on which file manager is being used) to the external sd card folder (usually a link/subdirectory within the /mnt/sdcard location).

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat