cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail for s8+ unlocked?

Journeyman

Visual Voicemail for s8+ unlocked?

I've searched on here and looks like this has been a problem for the last 2 years or so. Is there no way to access voicemail using the visual voicemail app?

I have an unlocked s8+ - i can find the visual voicemail app on the play store, but it says I cant install it because it's not compatible. 

Honestly, if I can't get visual voicemail working, I'm just going to leave sprint. I've had google fi and t-mobile on this same phone before and the visual voicemail worked on both of those. 

I'm not going to listen to a dozen spam voicemails a day just to keep my inbox clear. I don't care about transcribing the voicemail that much - i just want the ability to 'see' what voicemails i have, the number they came from and how long they are, and then to delete a batch of them rather then having to listen to them 1 by 1. If I can't do that, I can't be a sprint customer.

I also have to say my experience with sprint support, at least after hours, is horrible. Why bother having after hours support if they don't know how to do anything?  Sprint is hanging by a thread with me right now...i have a feeling visual voicemail is going to be the scissor.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Visual Voicemail for s8+ unlocked?

I hear ya Merkk, and I'd hate to see you leave. The fact is when using an unlocked phone on any carrier can lead to some features not functioning. This is due to hardware compatibility. It appears that for this phone, this feature isn't compatible.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat