Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail on UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual voicemail on UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S8

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 (unlocked) for my wife through the Samsung website.  Is there a way for me to activate/install Sprint's native visual voicemail app on the phone?

Thanks,

Paul

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted

Any update?

Highlighted

@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:

Good morning! This is the response we got from our device team:

"Customers bringing their own device will have a voicemail box on the Network.  We are working on a Visual Voicemail solution on the device for later this year.

Unforfunately, I also bought an unlocked Galaxy S8 with the expectation of having all features.

The Sprint store informed me that I can download their firmware, but were  not sure if that would permanently lock the phone.

Any updates??

Highlighted

svogt302,

Hi! I was able to investigate on the updates we have so far about the visual voicemail, and our engineers still working on this, they state that around February this feature may be released, they still testing on working on a resolution.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

It's January 2018. What is the solution for Sprint customers who brought their own devices (Galaxy8+) and need the visual voicemail. It's been several months since the last post. Thank you 

Highlighted

Are there any updates on visual voicemail for unlocked Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8 plus phones?  

Highlighted

1) I have a Samsung Note 7 - I hope this executable will work with this phone as well, can you confirm?

2) Will this be the Visual Voicemail that comes packaged with locked phones that worked on unlocked Sprint phones?

3) Will this be JUST visual voicemail, or be the entire Sprint (bloatware) that includes sprint music (milk?) and all the other apps?

thank you!!!!!

Highlighted

im not even sure they will allow the Note 7 to be on their network anymore lol. how is it you still even have one after the recall? or how is it even still working after Samsung hit it with updates to pretty much brick the thing?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Typo. Note 8

Highlighted

I just wish I knew how to get this message out of my notifications without re-setting my phone. I see a VM icon and it says phone with the current date and underneath it says 4 new voicemails and under that it says dial *86 it's a Sprint thing but I can't get it off my notifications. I use You Mail and it's been working fine.

Highlighted

It's almost February and Sprint supposedly has been working on releasing their Visual Voicemail app to the Play Store for more than 6 months now.  

Are there any more updates?  

This is ONE example why Sprint is ranked at the BOTTOM among the Big Four Carriers for Customer Service.  

Highlighted

What's the status on this. I just bought a s8+ unlocked direct from Samsung and have no visual vm. This is a deal breaker for me.  Ive been with Sprint since 2004 if they don't have a resolution soon sadly I'll have to jump ship. 

Highlighted

and jump to which carrier? Verizon doesnt have it for the unlocked S8 either..when you purchase a unlocked version of a device you are opting away from any carrier added apps..including things like wifi calling/calling plus and visual voicemail.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat