Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail on UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visual voicemail on UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy S8

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 (unlocked) for my wife through the Samsung website.  Is there a way for me to activate/install Sprint's native visual voicemail app on the phone?

Thanks,

Paul

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

paulqreynolds,

Hi there! Thank you for contacting us. The information we actually have about your request is that our S8 have he Visual Voicemail included, but since your device is special edition, it may not have the chance to be able to install the visual voicemail. But, I was able to submit a discussion for further investigations. Will keep you posted with the updates.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Same issue here with getting a Sprint voicemail app on a Galaxy 8+ Special Edition. Hope to see a response soon.

Highlighted

Hello therens, as we stated above, the visual voicemail is a Sprint Pre load. The Special Edition Model is a BYOD device that doesn't get any Sprint pre loaded apps.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue. I have researched for 2 months.

Tonight I found the app: https://apk-s.com/com.coremobility.app.vnotes/29725348-voicemail-t.9.0.0.20/

App installs and is functional but does not pull voicemail in. 

Sprint needs to get the app on the play store- all other carriers have their vm app available for download.  Simple fox. Why is this app not available on Google play???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue. I have researched for 2 months.

Tonight I found the app: https://apk-s.com/com.coremobility.app.vnotes/29725348-voicemail-t.9.0.0.20/

App installs and is functional but does not pull voicemail in. 

Sprint needs to get the app on the play store- all other carriers have their vm app available for download.  Simple fox. Why is this app not available on Google play???

Highlighted

I am calls sprint customer care to find out if settings need to be changed on their end
Highlighted

I would like to know how to enable the app as well.

Highlighted

Good afternoon M3DRIVER! The voicemail app is not available for the unlock version of the Galaxy S8. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Given that all the other carriers make their application available for unlocked devices is there a reason Sprint does not? And is this likely to  change in the future?

Highlighted

We don't have an specific answer for those questions. I have submitted your questions to our device team, I'll get back to you as soon as we get an answer.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Good morning! This is the response we got from our device team:

"Customers bringing their own device will have a voicemail box on the Network.  We are working on a Visual Voicemail solution on the device for later this year."

So it looks like by the end of the year, we'll have a Visual Voicemail for BYOD devices.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat