cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Keeps Stopping

Journeyman

Voicemail Keeps Stopping

I just completed the most recent system update, and now everytime I access my voicemail, it closes, and I get the message "Voicemail Keeps Stopping". I've tried restarting my phone several times, but it doesn't help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Anyone else having this problem and/or know how to fix it? 

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Voicemail Keeps Stopping

I can try some moves on our side to see if I can fix this. I would like to clarify when you say it's stopping, is it just disconnecting while in the middle of the message?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue. Voicemails will record, but when I try to listen to them the voicemail app stops about 2-3 seconds in and then I get a message that says, "Voicemail keeps stopping".

Good morning, @NANCY9917. I'm happy to reset the voicemail to see if we can get it working again. Unfortunately, this process will delete anything that's currently in the voicemail box. I'm sending you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

having the same issue, I've restarted my phone, ensured that all updates have been installed and when I go to listen to an voicemail it either takes me back to the "voicemail list" or stops entirely stating that "voicemail keeps stopping" its annoying to say the least! I already don't check voicemails often enough, but now i literally can't check them at all.. 

Hey cookers15. Are you using a S8 as well or what kind of phone are using? Are you also using the Visual Voicemail app? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

No note 10

Do you mean the Galaxy S10 or the Galaxy Note 9? And just to confirm you are using the Sprint Visual Voicemail app? 

Journeyman

My brothers phone is having the exact same problem. We were on the phone for two hours with Sprint today and nothing has fixed the problem. Can you help? 

Hi kcrane. We'd be glad to help your brother troubleshoot this. We'll need access to his account so we can try and remove and re-add his voicemail from his account along with sending out some manual refreshers to try and get things squared away. If you are an authorized user on his account, you can shoot me a PM and we can get some additional info so that we can help out. Otherwise, have him or the authorized user on his account drop us a message here and we can start working together to get thing sorted out. 

Journeyman

I am not on his account but he is right here. Should I have him sign up for the sprint community? And how do you send a private p.m.? I guess that’s a private message? 

Yep - I'll send you a private message with what we'll need and he can help work with us from there. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat