cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail messages from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S8

Journeyman

Voicemail messages from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S8

My Galaxy S6 phone is no longer working and I need to return to Sprint.  They have replaced this phone with Galaxy S8 since they are no longer making S6.  My problem is I need my voicemail (inbox) messages from my S6 to be on my S8.  Sprint transferred all my other data but the voice messages did not transfer and not sure how to do that.  

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Voicemail messages from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S8

Hi Sunshine! Unfortunately, voicemails do not transfer from one device to another. 

Do you still have the Galaxy S6 and is it functioning?

It may be possible to save any voicemail already downloaded to that phone via the Visual Voicemail app and then share them to Google Drive or email them to yourself if connected to WiFi. 

Yes I still have the S6 and it is functioning and connected to Wi-Fi. When you say visual voicemail app, is that the inbox where I listen to the messages? I can email them, I sure hope I don't have to do it one at a time could can you walk me through this?

It'll be through the visual voicemail app itself, not when you dial into the inbox from the dialpad from pressing "1". 

You will need to do this one by one, unfortunately, but here are the steps

1. Open Visual Voicemail
  2. Select the message you wish to share/save.
  3. Tap the three button "Menu" in the upper right hand corner of the app.
  4. Select Share.
  5. Select Gmail
  6. Enter your email address(you can send it to the same gmail address you're sending from)
  7. Send.

I think I am confused on what the visualmail app is.  I have an icon called Voicemail, if I click that it takes me to the inbox where I can play each voice message that was sent. Once I am in the inbox I see the 3 bars on the left and the only options are inbox, sent, archive (phone) and trash.  

You're going to want the Sprint Visual Voicemail app from the Google Play store. You should be able to get a direct link to the app at this link here.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

i think you can do this also with the VM app you already have on your phone..but would only be able to do it one at a time..if you click on one of the messages top right ish will be 3 dots..click that and there should be a share option. i didnt dig any further in from there so not sure what all options it gives you to share it to though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I clicked your link on my S6 and the Sprint Visual Voicemail app says, Your device isn't compatible with this version. Any other suggestions?

Did you see fireguy's comment about the share function? Do you see that option available? 

Journeyman

Unfortunately, I do not see a share option.  Maybe that is only available on the visual app.

I have an icon called Voicemail, if I click that, it takes me to the inbox where I can play each voice message that was sent. Once I am in the inbox I see the 3 bars on the left and the only options are inbox, sent, archive (phone) and trash.  If I click on a message as if I want to listen to it, there are not 3 bars.  The only option is call, reply, archive and delete

If you were to listen to the voicemail, do you get the option to press a prompt and forward the voicemail? If you do, could you try forwarding to your own number and see if it shows up on the new device? 

Journeyman

When I go into the voicemail to listen it says my account cannot be validated, probably because it has been transferred to the new phone.  The only other way to listen to them is using the inbox

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat