cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail messages from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S8

Re: Voicemail messages from Galaxy S6 to Galaxy S8

If you are able to listen to them in the inbox, does it give you the option to forward? If that isn't an option, the only other suggestion I can think of is to play them back and record them to an external source like a computer or recording device. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

interesting..im also running the regular Voicemail app and not the Visual Voicemail app..wonder if it needs an account linked to it in order to have the share option.

also wondering if you were to connect your phone to a laptop or computer if there would be a way to transfer them that route instead. i have done it with other things in the past but never attempted it with VM messages.

@sunshine5 wrote:

Unfortunately, I do not see a share option.  Maybe that is only available on the visual app.

I have an icon called Voicemail, if I click that, it takes me to the inbox where I can play each voice message that was sent. Once I am in the inbox I see the 3 bars on the left and the only options are inbox, sent, archive (phone) and trash.  If I click on a message as if I want to listen to it, there are not 3 bars.  The only option is call, reply, archive and delete

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I can connect the phone to my laptop, the problem was I couldn't figure out where the messages were stored and nobody at Sprint can tell me either

GrandMaster

yeah i havent attempted anything like this since the old HTC Evo days..8ish years ago transferring pics from the phone to my laptop..

you might also check Google to see if this has ever been asked and what answers were given. make sure to look up for your specific phone in case there are different steps needed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

Let me see if I can get some screenshots to share from my S10.  The VVM app interface shouldn't be much difference, if at all. 

im actually wondering if the OPs VM doesnt have the share option because technically it no longer has a number/account attached to it? only way to check that is with another non activated phone..i can do this but it wouldnt be for a few more hours with one of my old phones unless someone has another one to check.

actually...both phones should have NFC capabilities..wonder if they can be transferred that way? now that im thinking about it im almost positive Samsung phones have a even quicker way to transfer info from one device to another the same way NFC does...

If you could check on that, that would be great! I don't have any other android de-activated android phones at hand to test this with that haven't been reset.  NFC is a good idea, but I don't know where it would send the files.  

Those screenshots do look like mine except for I do not have The Choice of share.

Did you try moving the voicemails with NFC?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
GrandMaster

yeah...my birthday weekend..i forgot to check lol

if still needed i'll check tonight. going to make myself a note as a reminder.

Let us know if you still need help.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat