cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Go to solution
Journeyman

Voicemail

When calling my number,  voicemail on my new Galaxy 8 plus goes to a busy signal after ringing.  No one can leave messages. 

30 REPLIES 30
Journeyman

Re: Voicemail

Well I guess all you have to do is post the problem and it gets fixed.  Its all of a sudden working now.

Master

lol, magic hands.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

where would one mark it solved

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, I'm a Sprint employee and Device Ambassador for the both the Galaxy S8 plus and Galaxy Note 8. I'm glad your issue is resolved. But I'm curious about a few things --

• Is your phone a 'S' series device; Galaxy S8 plus? Or a Note 8?
  • When you were trying to call your own voice mail, were you dialing your own mobile number (full number) or long-pressing '1' on your dialer until it auto-dialed v-mail?
  • Did you have WiFi-calling or Calling PLUS enabled?

Thanks for any insight you can provide. Thanks also for being a Sprint customer!

~CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Hello, I'm having the same issue but I think it all stated when i start using wifi calling, could this be the issue?

Sprint Social Care

mikevillarroel,

Hey! I will need to access the account to make sure that you have the voicemail feature included so we can go from there. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Please also check for Google Voice integration, which may no longer be compatible with WiFi Calling / Calling Plus.

~Ninja CJ
Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I have this problem.  And this is why sprint customer support is poorly rated.  I'm on the phone with support right now and this is how it's going:

Me: My voicemail doesn't work.  Just rings forever then there is some error message and hangs up.  No one can leave me a VM.  When I call my number to try and check VM, it gives me a busy tone.

Rep: (after verifying account, etc.) You plan doesn't allow VM.

Me: That doesn't make sense.

Rep: Do you other phone lines have VM?

Me: Yes.  They all do.  I had the Google Voice integration on this line, but I unintegrated it when I got the notice that it was being discontinued.

Rep: (after checking on things for a while) Your Google promotion has expired, I can't add it back.  I can add VM for $1.99/mo.

Me: Do you know what the Google Voice integration was?  Because it was not a promotion.  I don't think you know what it is.  I had VM, I activated the Google Voice integration and that was my VM.  I followed all instructions to remove Google Voice integration and should have your regular VM now.  But I don't.  And I don't pay an extra charge for VM on my other lines.  Does anyone anywhere ever pay extra for VM?

Rep: Please hold

Me: Ok

Rep: You plan doesn't include VM.  I can add it for $1.99.

Me: Yes it does include VM.  Can you just fix it?  And don't charge me?

Rep: Please hold.

Rep: I'm still exploring options to add a basic VM.

New Rep: Hi, who am I speaking with...

This is horrible.

Master

I don't think sprint can help with that.
not sure how you stopped the integration of GV. hopefully you did it via GV app and finished it on the GV site.
if you did it that way, try to provision your phone again. if the phone will let you do it, you can do that yourself, if not, call sprint to send a hit on your phone, that will erase all network settings and re-provision your phone.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.

I believe this information is incorrect. I can fix this for you. I will be sending you a private message for more information.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Just to update...after getting this fixed, it's broken again. Anyone know if Verizon or AT&T can get voicemail right?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat