cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

Go to solution
Journeyman

(When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

So the Bluetooth Galaxy Watch Active 2 is available for preorder; however, I cannot find any mention of when the LTE edition will actually be available (some articles say the 27th, but that is the release date of the watch in general, not LTE). Hoping someone here might know when Sprint will offer it.

Thanks!

85 REPLIES 85

Re: (When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

We're excited to know what we'll have also! Once we have notification on this new device, we'll post about it here on Community. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Where is the link for the pre-order can't find it... thank you

Hi Ben! You are referring to the Bluetooth Galaxy Watch Active 2 correct?

Unfortunately,  the Galaxy Watch Active 2 is currently not on Pre order. However, you can visit https://newsroom.sprint.com/  where new info will be posted as it becomes available!

Community Manager

#NEWWATCHALERT  10/18/19!!

Journeyman

Awesome! I see it comes with a Galaxy Watch unlimited plan. I am wondering whether that supports standalone VoLTE once already paired to my phone? Meaning once linked, can I make calls while taking a walk or jog with only the watch with me? If not can you clarify the advantage of paying the monthly for the plan if I already have unlimited talk, text and internet on my phone. Thanks!

Community Manager

It does have have standalone VoLTE.

@eltan2481 wrote:

Awesome! I see it comes with a Galaxy Watch unlimited plan. I am wondering whether that supports standalone VoLTE once already paired to my phone? Meaning once linked, can I make calls while taking a walk or jog with only the watch with me? If not can you clarify the advantage of paying the monthly for the plan if I already have unlimited talk, text and internet on my phone. Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Awesome! Thanks! That was the only thing holding me back from the Galaxy Watch last year.

Community Manager

Mine just came in and behold...

IMG_20191018_165522.jpg

Journeyman

It amazes me how Sprint does not provide the correct information on wearable stand alone - there is no VOLTE for wearable for voice. Yes, you can get data (internet) and text messages however Sprint still has not flipped voice standalone on for any Samsung wearable device. I cannot speak to Apple as I won't go near one. But I can assure all that are looking, Sprint does not have voice standalone services for the Samsung Galaxy watches (I own both the Galaxy Watch 46mm and the new Active 2 LTE. It's a rip Sprint charges you full price for the wearable plan when it doesn't do the main thing (make and receive phone calls).

Journeyman

I just ordered one after speaking to an online rep, here and then in store. If that's the case that is dissapointing and ridiculous that every rep said it would have VoLTE standalone which is what I specifically asked to clarify.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat