cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: (When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

It has been the most frustrating week of my life dealing with Sprint. I spent countless hours between phone calls, multiple escalations on the calls, tech reps, IM reps, in store, you name it. They all are clueless to this issue. The only reason I want the wearable watch is to receive calls from my kids in the event of an emergency when I go running so I can leave my phone at home and not carry it while running. Unfortunately I still have to carry my phone. 

Journeyman

Yeah that's super annoying. Why would anyone want to pay for the other stuff. I already pay for unlimited text for my phone. what are we really getting with the galaxy watch unlimited monthly plan if not calls? @Em_Will_I_Am can you please clarify your previous post? It really influence my decision to sign a 24 month contract. Honestly, based on my multiple conversations with Sprint reps this essentially amounts to consumer fraud 

Highlighted
Community Manager

LOL, well I wonder how I was able to talk to my daughter during my morning run while my phone was still at home??  I could have been hallucinating, it was a brutal run this morning.

Capture.PNG

@sprinthicks99 wrote:

It amazes me how Sprint does not provide the correct information on wearable stand alone - there is no VOLTE for wearable for voice. Yes, you can get data (internet) and text messages however Sprint still has not flipped voice standalone on for any Samsung wearable device. I cannot speak to Apple as I won't go near one. But I can assure all that are looking, Sprint does not have voice standalone services for the Samsung Galaxy watches (I own both the Galaxy Watch 46mm and the new Active 2 LTE. It's a rip Sprint charges you full price for the wearable plan when it doesn't do the main thing (make and receive phone calls).

Capture.PNG

Community Manager

I stand by all my previous posts.  Used the watch this morning.

@eltan2481 wrote:

Yeah that's super annoying. Why would anyone want to pay for the other stuff. I already pay for unlimited text for my phone. what are we really getting with the galaxy watch unlimited monthly plan if not calls? @Em_Will_I_Am can you please clarify your previous post? It really influence me decision to sign a 24 hrs contract. Honestly, based on my multiple conversations with Sprint reps this essentially amounts to consumer fraud 

Journeyman

Okay thanks! This all seems odd. I get mine this week as soon as my local store gets mine in, they only got 1 of each color initially.
Community Manager

Yeah, I heard stores only got 1 watch, which I thought was weird, but OK.  Also, just like the Apple Watch, you can leave the phone, but the phone has to be turned on.  Folks always turn the phone off I guess to save battery, but it has to be on.

@eltan2481 wrote:
Okay thanks! This all seems odd. I get mine this week as soon as my local store gets mine in, they only got 1 of each color initially.

Journeyman

Those pics don't prove anything. That's the exact screens I got on both watches when activated on the network. But still no voice. Now, perhaps yours work, maybe it depends on the city. I just got back from Orlando and it doesn't work there, and I live in Nashville and it doesn't work. There are a few people posting on reddit that just bought the active 2 for Sprint and they are experiencing the same issue, I don't know what market they live in. So maybe you live in the only market that supports it.

Community Manager

No, I am not that lucky.  If you are in a VoLTE market it should work and as of this moment, all of our markets are VoLTE except Montana/Wyoming and Puerto Rico. PM me your phone number, IMEI of the Active2 (The Galaxy Watch does not do Standalone) and the IMEI of your phone.  I can ensure the enablement codes are on the account.

@sprinthicks99 wrote:

Those pics don't prove anything. That's the exact screens I got on both watches when activated on the network. But still no voice. Now, perhaps yours work, maybe it depends on the city. I just got back from Orlando and it doesn't work there, and I live in Nashville and it doesn't work. There are a few people posting on reddit that just bought the active 2 for Sprint and they are experiencing the same issue, I don't know what market they live in. So maybe you live in the only market that supports it.

Journeyman

I'm not sure I feel comfortable providing that info on a community board. I have another appointment at a Sprint corporate store and will see if they can fix it, the local Sprint store couldn't. 

Journeyman

But that said, you're the first that has told me Sprint doesn't have Volte for the Galaxy watch, that would have saved hours. They all said it would work, wonder if that is why Sprint pulled the watch off the market recently. What a debacle. 

Community Manager

That's why I mentioned to PM me.  Which is not a public community board.

@sprinthicks99 wrote:

I'm not sure I feel comfortable providing that info on a community board. I have another appointment at a Sprint corporate store and will see if they can fix it, the local Sprint store couldn't. 

Community Manager

It got pulled because of the new watch.  No conspiracy theory.

@sprinthicks99 wrote:

But that said, you're the first that has told me Sprint doesn't have Volte for the Galaxy watch, that would have saved hours. They all said it would work, wonder if that is why Sprint pulled the watch off the market recently. What a debacle. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat