cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: (When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

Oh, and forgot to mention the Galaxy watch 46mm itself does have the ability to do standalone voice calls, my coworker has the same one as me on Tmobile and his works. It's just Sprint that it doesn't. I'll update tomorrow after I get back from Sprint.

Journeyman

Maybe not a conspiracy, but misinformation to all of us that bought it and was told it would work as voice standalone and didn't.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Happy to report that my active 2 is now working as a standalone that can make and receive calls. There was a problem with my previous watch plan. I'm finally able to do what so many have been doing for years on other networks. 

Wizard

That's great to hear! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Can you check on mine?

I was told by tier 2 support that VOLTE was in "soft launch" and not available everywhere. They were "testing some markets". I live in Kansas City 🤦

Journeyman

What did you do? I've never had an LTE watch before the active 2 and mine is not capable...help?

Sprint Social Care

BEKKTEK416 - To use 4G LTE standalone activation requires activation of the Watch by itself and the qualifying wireless plan. However,  Bluetooth Voice Capabilities available when watch is within proximity of the primary Samsung phone.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do have a plan for the watch....

Journeyman

I agree that this is consumer fraud. I'm actually just shocked that they are allowed to sell the watch and tell you it's going to work, when in fact, it does not. 

The part that DOES work is if you want to stream Spotify or use texting.. the most important component of the "connected" device is the voice capability.

Community Manager

Kinda freely throwing around Consumer fraud there.  The watch does work with voice as myself and others in this thread can attest to. If you are having problems setting yours up, just ask for help.

@BEKKTEK416 wrote:

I agree that this is consumer fraud. I'm actually just shocked that they are allowed to sell the watch and tell you it's going to work, when in fact, it does not. 

The part that DOES work is if you want to stream Spotify or use texting.. the most important component of the "connected" device is the voice capability.

Journeyman

Having had mine for a few weeks, it works great over VoLTE as a standalone device, so sounds like yours may be a technical issue. Is there LTE in your area? If not that may be the issue. 

Journeyman

I've asked, lol...and sent you a private message.

I have called into customer service 3 times today, being told the feature is not enabled yet.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat